FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 smooth as butter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Mulryan
FCP7 smooth as butter
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:53:24 am

Has anyone made the switch to PP and missed the clean interface in FCP7? PP has more of a PC clunkiness. What a shame that FCP 7 will not be evolving into a "render free zone."

James Mulryan
Sunset Park Media, LLC
Santa Monica, CA
info@jamesmulryan.com

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
Re: FCP7 smooth as butter
on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:51:44 am

Heh, heh. OK. This is a joke . . .

but can you imagine a future where we all have Avid and Premiere tags on our business cards and websites, Avids in view of the main walkways, Premiere on display near our entrances . . .
but in the darkened rooms, in the back, where the clients never go . . . a small coven of editors in dark capes are still churning out product using FCP 7.
Running on Hackintoshes, though, just to get even.

PS. Yes, coven. 'Cause editing is magic . . . just wanted to clear that up :p

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
on Jun 29, 2011 at 7:50:56 am

FCP7 is so irreplaceable :( I tried all the editing software, Premier, Avid Media Composer,
Edius, even Smoke, but I just always come back to FCP7... its just elegant, clean,
and I know it inside out, I will never let it go :)

Return to posts index

Nigel Thompson
on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:56:04 pm

WOW !

I have had PPro on my system since last year and yes i agree with the comment about the interface. I hate it so i never use it to edit. but i got it as an alternative and to use some of its features like the speech recognition thingy..

This whole debacle does not just have to do with missing features in FCP X but more so how apple has treated it customers. All they had to do is Say
"guys this is what we wanna do but in order to do it we gotta leave out this this and this initially, and update as time goes by"

That would have made a world of difference.....
secrecy will only get u so far in the retail biz, especially when high end professionals are concerned .....

Can you imagine guys doing oil exploration getting new software they paid 15 zillion dollars for and its missing core features.

And yes many of us here at the cow ARE high end pros.... we choose to use FCP ...
and im sorry but my preference is the mac, i just dont like the feel of windows computing. just doesnt feel right, just my preference.

RED,DSLR, FCS and more,
High End, Production & Post Production
in the Caribbean
http://www.bistt.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]