FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aussie Tax Question - App Store purchases

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Wannop
Aussie Tax Question - App Store purchases
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:14:06 am

A quick question for the Aussies out there...
My App Store "receipt" calls it self a Tax Invoice at the top of the form BUT has no mention of GST anywhere on the rest of the form. I assumed* that the price difference for the X series apps was in part the 10% GST, but without a compliant Tax Invoice we are going to struggle to claim it as an input credit...
This was never a problem when buying iTunes for personal enjoyment but this is a serious issue if my business is suddenly going have to use the App Store for it's tools.
Am I missing something (again) ?

Charles.

Return to posts index

Brent Melton
Re: Aussie Tax Question - App Store purchases
on Jun 29, 2011 at 4:45:34 am

I had the same issue but resolved it when Apple refunded my money. The big question is whether or not the tax department see it as an Australian download or one from the US. If the product is downloaded from the US it isn't subject to GST. It's a grey area. Only Apple can answer the question. Good luck getting an answer from Apple.

Return to posts index

Charles Wannop
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:28:47 am

Thanks Brent,
The crazy thing is the "Tax Invoice" title on the receipt...
I think Apple *may* have other things on their mind atm. but I will ask the question :)

Charles

Return to posts index

Stephen Bakopanos
on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:04:00 pm

[Charles Wannop] "My App Store "receipt" calls it self a Tax Invoice at the top of the form BUT has no mention of GST anywhere on the rest of the form. "

I got an email receipt which had this at the very bottom:

ABN 46 002 510 054. Total Includes GST. You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your iTunes application and clicking on Terms of Sale or Sales Policies

So it should be included.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]