FORUMS: list search recent posts

Few issues I came across this past week

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taron Ghazaryan
Few issues I came across this past week
on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:01:19 pm

I'm still trying to learn the new FCP but some missing features and bugs are driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. zooming out in the timeline has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works sometimes it zooms out from the beginning of the project. Anyone know how to make it zoom out at the playhead's location?

2. Sometimes the playhead doesn't respond to its correct position on the timeline and a restart is needed to fix this.

3. (this may be a feature) but the playhead jumps when you select a clip. I'm used to pausing the playhead at a certain point and hitting ctrl v to make a vertical cut like in FCP7 (still can't figure out the shortcut for this in FCPX)

4. When you apply a transition, weather its a simple fade or an effect, the cut jumps depending on the length of the transition. So if you fade two audio clips and decide to add a transition to the video, the audio clips jump out of sync.

5. is there a way to change the order of color correction or add it as an effect? I sometimes change the order between effects and in FCPX it seems like color correction is applied after the effects.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Few issues I came across this past week
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:23:00 am

[Taron Ghazaryan] "1. zooming out in the timeline has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works sometimes it zooms out from the beginning of the project. Anyone know how to make it zoom out at the playhead's location?

Just not there yet...

2. Sometimes the playhead doesn't respond to its correct position on the timeline and a restart is needed to fix this.

Yup- it's buggy it seems here.

3. (this may be a feature) but the playhead jumps when you select a clip. I'm used to pausing the playhead at a certain point and hitting ctrl v to make a vertical cut like in FCP7 (still can't figure out the shortcut for this in FCPX)

Don't have an answer for this

4. When you apply a transition, weather its a simple fade or an effect, the cut jumps depending on the length of the transition. So if you fade two audio clips and decide to add a transition to the video, the audio clips jump out of sync.

Check your transition settings in preferences. The default is "Full Overlap" which causes the track length to shorten by the same length as the transition. The other setting is "Available Media" which acts like FCP 7 and earlier.

5. is there a way to change the order of color correction or add it as an effect? I sometimes change the order between effects and in FCPX it seems like color correction is applied after the effects.

No. but you could work around but duplicating a clip and applying color to one copy and effects to another and then composite them with a different compositing mode. Not ideal but a way...

Thanks"

-Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Jason Collins
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:13:26 pm

If you hold down the option key when you click on a clip the playhead will not move.
And, Command-B is the new Control-V.
:-)

http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.0/#ver4e30479

Return to posts index

Eddie McFly
on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:05:09 pm

Yeah, option click will let you seelct a clip without moving the playhead.
I'm seeing some wonkiness w/ the playhead / skimmer too, seems like a lot of operations dont' work form the playhead but only the skimmer.

What do you by:
"Sometimes the playhead doesn't respond to its correct position on the timeline and a restart is needed to fix this." ?

Return to posts index

Taron Ghazaryan
on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:10:23 pm

I mean no matter where i put the playhead the footage just continues playing from where I left off originally. So lets say my playhead is at 00:10:00 and i move it a few minutes forward and hit play, it continues playing from 00:10:00 and not the new playhead location.

Return to posts index

Eddie McFly
on Aug 2, 2011 at 11:35:23 pm

Yeah that's crazy. I havent seen that yet, but it doesn't surprise me. Did you have a long/complex timeline going on or something uber simple? What were you doing at the time (if you can still remember)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]