FORUMS: list search recent posts

Future arriving fast.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Future arriving fast.
on Jul 23, 2014 at 7:10:33 pm

Saw this and instantly glanced over at the DSLR backpack that I use for field photography.

Wonder how long it will be before I have a similar backpack for my video editing?

One or two of these wrapped about a MacPro Tube would be kinda awesome.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Future arriving fast.
on Jul 23, 2014 at 8:50:54 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Garchow on Jul 23, 2014 at 8:59:28 pm

I wonder, is this what living through the industrial revolution felt like, only accelerated?

Here's a factotum (that has nothing to do with the industrial revolution) from a recent article:

"It took the radio 38 years to reach 50 million people, but it took 20 for the phone and 13 for the television. In contrast, it took Facebook 3.6 years and Twitter didn’t even need that much time — in fact, it took Google Plus 88 days."

http://scienceillustrated.com.au/blog/features/teenage-brains-in-the-digita...

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:13:15 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "in fact, it took Google Plus 88 days.""

That's not a fair comparison. Google Plus was automatically activated on people with Google accounts, so how long did it take for that many people to have Google accounts of some kind?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:16:01 pm

Oh, Gary.

Sometimes it's OK to have a little fun.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:19:03 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Sometimes it's OK to have a little fun."

It's trying to make a point with a comparison that is not valid, and it's from something called "Science Illustrated." Google Plus is not evidence of anything accelerating, and if by "fun" you mean, "b.s.", well, okay. You're more than welcome to enjoy spreading as much of it as you'd like.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:21:48 pm

oy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:37:33 pm

Must resist temptation to ask Gary what it was actually like living through the industrial revolution...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 23, 2014 at 10:01:54 pm

Wasn't it invitation only during that time? So it would have reached those numbers while it was invitation only beta.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Jul 24, 2014 at 12:43:04 am

And I have a brand new car and 6 lanes of brand new toll road but it took me an hour and a half to go the 16 miles from work to home this afternoon. Progress schmrogress!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jul 24, 2014 at 11:14:41 pm

Toll roads?

Don't get me started.

Because whether or not you personally drive on any road, every single thing every person needs or wants to run their lives - including emergency services and public safety services - travels upon our collective roads.

Public roadways are one of the best examples of pooled public works for the general public good. And if the capacity isn't built and maintained for the public good, you're left with a system that allows private capitol to divert public rights of way essentially into perpetual profits.

Capitol makes the rules, not a reasonable assessment of what's in the public's best interests.

Toll roads are a subtle form of welfare for those at the top. Trading a lower cost NOW for a constant stream of revenue that lasts forever and ever, and ever...

Hey, wait a second, what does this suddenly remind me of?

Back off, I know there's a difference. And nobody HAS to buy or use software, etc, etc, etc, etc,

I just HATE toll roads except the ones with shuttered toll booths who actually covered their construction costs and have subsequently been opened to the public. Covering short term construction costs is fine. Diverting large swaths of what should be public lands into private toll roads that pay investors rather than the public is an affront to democracy, IMO.

Nothing to do with anything else.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 25, 2014 at 12:49:17 am

A turnpike reminds me of Adobe CC but at least the toll road has an off ramp. :-)

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 25, 2014 at 1:11:28 am

what about the other roads?

who actually owns radio, television, internet, cell
bandwidth?

all given to the private sector for a song.

It's like private toll roads on public land.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]