FORUMS: list search recent posts

Got Questions?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Got Questions?
on Jul 22, 2014 at 9:42:15 pm

Hey folks,

If you have any particular questions or things you'd like to see in terms of how we edit, what our workflow is, equipment we use, etc., please post here. We'll try to get you answers in the next few chapters of FCPX On-Air that we're working on. This can be open a bit wider than just FCPX in scope.

Thanks!
John

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Got Questions?
on Jul 23, 2014 at 1:31:51 am

Thanks for posting this. Interested in a storage solution for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Currently have a mid 2012 Mac Pro. Interested in learning about a small studio setup and if Motion could generate live lower thirds and other motion graphics. Thanks again and love to learn all I can.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:31:17 am

How much RAM are you using? I have an 8core Mac Pro 4,1 with 16GB of memory and it seems FCPX just grabs it and hangs on until there's none left. I'm using Memory Clean which helps as I don't have to close FCPX for a while but during heavy lifting (cutting a promo with several layers of picture and sound) I have to restart about once an hour to keep things fast.

Thinking of 32GB memory upgrade to help until I get the new Mac Pro.

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:17:39 pm

I think my mac is a Quad core but it is Mac Pro 5,1 and a mid 2012 model. Currently there is only 6G of ram installed at present, deciding whether to save up for a the new tube variety or upgrade the one I own now. Render times vary from fast to sluggish so thinking more RAM will be necessary. Motion tends to have the evil beach ball effect upon launch, must wait a few seconds before I can proceed further.

With the new model, at least there will be no need to open up the computer to install additional hardware. Is there any external enclosure that would hold additional cards and connect over thunderbolt? Really want to have as much expansion as possible.

I am an avid user of FCP X!

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:31:14 pm

I'm interested to know how you manage project sharing on multiple stations. That's something I'm still figuring out after 10.1.2 changed things.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:26:17 am

Hi John,
I've been following your posts regarding FCPX with interest for a long time now. I'd like to see your edit suite, the way it's setup with monitors etc. Is it possible to post a pic?
I'd like to know what monitors (audio and video) you're using and the general layout of your suite:)
Cheers
Kannan

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]