FORUMS: list search recent posts

Determine which shots are duplicates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Boampong
Determine which shots are duplicates
on Jul 21, 2014 at 10:54:51 pm

Is there a way to determine if a shot has been used more than once in a project?

Dave

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Determine which shots are duplicates
on Jul 22, 2014 at 12:32:19 am

You can see clips that are used in a project within the Event Browser. More details here:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/fcpx-utilizing-used-media-ratings

Noah

Call Box Training.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:23:32 am

There is no current version of "duplicate frames" indicators ala FCP7 in X. But besides the other answer above, you can also open the Timeline Index (lower left button), and if you suspect a clip has been used before you can type in a search for that clip, and it will show you how many instances there are in the sequence. But that's not exactly the same.

Now that we have used/unused media ranges in the Event browser, I'd expect this to return in a future update.

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:34:36 am

Thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 22, 2014 at 11:40:10 pm

Yeah I've been hoping for a reveal in timeline feature. Also if you have a long clip in the browser that got sub clipped and broken up in the browser and timeline, I can't see a way of searching for a given sub clip in the index. Is there?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Jul 23, 2014 at 12:03:20 am

Sub-clips don't exists in X- so regardless of how you've tagged a file with keywords or favourites for organization in the Event Browser, the file that you've edited into the timeline all point back to the original file.

The Timeline Index can't point you to a specific iteration of a clip- but it will show you all iterations of that clip, regardless of keywording or other tags.

Right now you can search back from Timeline into Event Browser [SHIFT-F], but more cross-talk of metadata would be great, and I think it's certainly possible now that they're all in a single database.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 23, 2014 at 12:56:09 am

[Marcus Moore] "Sub-clips don't exists in X- so regardless of how you've tagged a file with keywords or favourites for organization in the Event Browser, the file that you've edited into the timeline all point back to the original file.
"

That's true but they are listed below the master clip with specific timecode and lines overlaid on the filmstrip representation and a tag indicating its been used - that range. So the metadata is there - can't see why they can't point to that range use in the timeline. When you are on the timeline and select reveal in browser, it does show that portion of the clip and even the playhead location. They are FCP X's version of a sub-clip. And if you really want it to function as an independent sub-clip you can select a range and create a compound clip. But I think that's a bit messy.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 23, 2014 at 8:18:27 pm

This seems on-topic....

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1460-building-used-and-unused-sma...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]