FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4.1.2 introduce a Blu-ray Creation Bug.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Goyette
Compressor 4.1.2 introduce a Blu-ray Creation Bug.
on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:39:55 am

TEST 1

Apple OS X 10.9.4 Build 13E28 - Compressor 4.1.2 - Files used is QuickTime 1920X1080i Prores.
The Blu-ray creation work but if you re-insert the BD-RE disc (Verbatim) the disc refuse to eject.
You need to shtdown the computer to get the disc to eject because the finder ger unresponsive.
The MACGO Blu-ray player refuse to play the disc but the disc play in regular Blu-ray players.
The burner used is LG BD-RE WH.16NS40 and everything is clean install two week ago.

TEST 2

Apple OS X 10.9.4 Build 13E28 - Toast Titanium 11.2 - Files used is QuickTime 1920X1080i Prores.
The Blu-ray creation work perfectly with the BD-RE disc (Verbatim) reinsert and the disc eject perfectly.
The MACGO Blu-ray player play the Blu-ray disc perfectly and also any home regular Blu-ray player.
The burner used is LG BD-RE WH.16NS40 and everything is clean install two week ago.

Conclusion : Since Toast Titanium 11.2 with OS X 10.9.4 work Apple Compressor 4.1.2 is the bug.
The disc created with Compressor have make Apple disck utility crash when try eject.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
http://www.productiondgoyette.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Compressor 4.1.2 introduce a Blu-ray Creation Bug.
on Jul 16, 2014 at 10:37:32 pm

[Daniel Goyette] "Conclusion : Since Toast Titanium 11.2 with OS X 10.9.4 work Apple Compressor 4.1.2 is the bug."

I don't agree with these conclusions. If the disc plays fine in your set-top Blu-ray player, then what is the problem exactly? Have you tried to do this process more than once?

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:10:31 am

You may not agree but there a long thread of a least 9 pages about Blu-ray creation problems since FCP X 10.1.2 and Compressor 4.1.2 so even if not everybody get the problem many have the bug.

Also Apple Compressor Team have contact me by e-mail asking to do test and report back and this post his about some finding and believe me i have redo the test using Compressor 4.1.2 and Toast Titanium 11.2.

If i create a Blu-ray using Compressor the disc will refuse to eject after the burning process sometimes this never happen using Toast Titanium ,MACGO Blu-ray player software will refuse to play the Compressor disc.

The fact both Compressor and Toast Titanium created Blu-ray discs been able to play dont solve the fact
it can crash a NLE , some have found the Create Disc Function is probably the causes with Compressor.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6431972?start=0&tstart=0

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 17, 2014 at 9:46:52 am

What does Compressour output? A BDMV folder or a disc image?

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
on Jul 18, 2014 at 7:21:09 am

If you create a physical Blu-ray disc your got a BDMV folder plus a Certificate folder on the disc.
I have never create a disc image but some creators do so it is for them to answer your question.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 18, 2014 at 9:52:01 am

[Daniel Goyette] "If you create a physical Blu-ray disc your got a BDMV folder plus a Certificate folder on the disc."

Yes, I know that. What does Compressor output?

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
on Jul 22, 2014 at 5:26:12 am

My post dont show if it appear later i will be happy seem i dont understand how to post tonight ....

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
on Jul 22, 2014 at 2:02:13 pm

I will try to be clear this time but remember like a musician who play i only want to create Blu-ray.

1-import 1920 x 1080i Prores 4:2:2 Video file who include the Audio from XDCAM HD Timeline.
2-select Apple Blu-ray with job action to create a Blu-ray disc (H264 for Video , AC3 for Audio).
3-The Blu-ray is created ..... Normally if i say do nothing in Job Action the above files will be created.

My workflow is use only one software to create the Blu-ray so i never ask do nothing for job action.

If i use the Toast Titanium to create the Blu-ray since as i said only use one software :

1-import 1920 x 1080i Prores 4:2:2 Video file who include the Audio from XDCAM HD Timeline.
2-select Blu-ray in Toast Titanium to create a Blu-ray disc (H264 for Video , AC3 for Audio).
3-The Blu-ray is created ..... i never tell Toast to not create the physical Blu-ray disc never.

In all case i never create a disc image and use the tested physical disc as the master to create copies.
I can't help you more to help me since the inner working of Blu-ray creation is not what i want to know.
If that help you great if not maybe someone else can join the discussion i am like the musician above.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:00:27 pm

[Daniel Goyette] "If that help you great if not maybe someone else can join the discussion i am like the musician above."

If I am reading right, then you are simply importing a ProRes file into Toast to make a Blu-ray? If this is true, then Compressor cannot possibly be doing anything to it that would make it impossible to correctly close out the disc when it is finished burning.

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:56:00 pm

I simply import a Prores file either in Compressor or Toast the difference ; Toast do the Blu-ray Including compression and burning without problem but Compressor do the compression very well but at the end the burning trigger problem including Apple Disk Utility crash and MACGO Blu-ray Player Software cant play the disc ..... and let me tell you this software play anything including Hollywood Blockbusters and a legal player software, to conclude Apple Compressor Team have contact me by phone on tuesday and i have send to them the files requested and are aware there is a problem and working on it to fix-it.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]