FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: fcp x

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Re: fcp x
on Jul 2, 2014 at 2:16:38 pm

[Tarquin Boyesen] " not sure why they have attached the word pro to FCP X . its absolutely not a professional video editors program, its for enthusiasts that want a few more features than imovie"

Going to disagree here. I feel that FCP X is much better than version 7, sure it lacks a few things. No single NLE is perfect or the right one for everyone out there.

I feel X is very much pro level software. You have very good media management, the latest update has made it better; the ability to create custom transitions, generators, effects and such in Motion so very good integration there; very good to excellent project organization with keywords, events; and a very fast editor with tracks not getting in the way. Not sure why this software would be considered a "toy" by any means.

Alright, so the the color board is a bit awkward to work with at times but it is much better than what was offered in previous versions. Media management is much better. You can choose to consolidate all you media files into one location or separate them out to somewhere else. Having files all over the place, especially with complex a project, can lead to some confusion and frustration.

I used to miss the traditional bins and timeline with tracks but FCP X is much better, some reasons are stated above. As stated earlier in this post no single NLE is right for everyone. Some love Premiere, others Vegas, some Avid. To me FCP X is the most cost effective editor out there. Subscription model works well for some but not others. Short term cost might not be that expensive but over the long term could be another story.

My two cents, whatever it is worth.

I am an avid user of FCP X!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]