FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1.2 Released!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Moore
FCPX 10.1.2 Released!
on Jun 27, 2014 at 6:04:21 pm

Updated to both the What's New and In Action pages.

New ProRes4444QX mastering codec introduced.

Philip Hodgets-

http://www.philiphodgetts.com/2014/06/final-cut-pro-x-10-1-2/

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: FCPX 10.1.2 Released!
on Jun 27, 2014 at 6:14:40 pm

Looks like some small feature improvements although they can be important.
Looks like this was another round of under the hood work.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Jun 27, 2014 at 6:16:03 pm

As Philip says, be wary if you need XML, any 3rd party apps, like X2Pro, will need to be updated.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jun 27, 2014 at 6:59:02 pm

Looks like some intuitive use fixes. Drag and drop import of clips and fixing the unintended animation between keyframes with the same position values are pretty significant along those lines.

Not really new features, but I like the ability to keep optimized and proxy clips wherever I want. This is definitely needed for shared storage use. Making X more intuitive is a good focus. To that end, I really want programmable window configurations and some more intuitive UI adjustments.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:01:21 pm

[Andy Neil] "I like the ability to keep optimized and proxy clips wherever I want. "

This was a big request for me, and I'm glad Apple came through. I can't update until XML apps get approved though the AppStore, but I am looking forward to it.

Any new keyboard shortcuts, like move a clip's stacking order? :)

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:04:37 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Any new keyboard shortcuts, like move a clip's stacking order? :)"

That would be another small, but nice improvement. I really like they have done with this update. One small complaint, where is "Send to Motion?" Guess it went the way of the dinosaur.

"I am no longer pixilated!" -- Dave, former nut house patient

Return to posts index

joe mordecai
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:09:25 pm

I have a feeling we'll see another feature-rich update when Yosemite launches. Including, I hope, some UI redesign to match the flatter look of OS X.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:28:01 pm

For the most part, I do like the UI as it is now but would prefer a more custom way of doing things. Perhaps an option to move the windows around, perhaps to a second monitor. A few more shortcut buttons would be nice as well and some additional keyboard shortcuts.

Looking forward to see what Photos will offer when it is released.

"I am no longer pixilated!" -- Dave, former nut house patient

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jun 27, 2014 at 8:44:10 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Any new keyboard shortcuts, like move a clip's stacking order?"

Here's what I've seen so far:

CTRL+L = adds or subtracts a specified DB level to selected clips without messing up keyframed audio adjustments. So if you want to raise levels of a section or whole project by 6db, you can do that. Works like the CTRL+D shortcut. value is visible in the TC window.

CTRL+OPT+L = sets an absolute value to selected clips audio. Say you want all clips to be at -10db.

There's also a command for copying/pasting keyframes only, but I'm not sure if that was already there.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Looking forward to an X2Pro test
on Jun 27, 2014 at 8:48:42 pm

Please share if you have a chance to test. Thanks!

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
on Jun 27, 2014 at 9:05:05 pm

Welll... Unless I'm missing something, you can store cache files where you want but the cache contains proxy and render files - you can't separate the proxy media and render files in separate places.

Almost there Apple.... 7/10 for effort.

If we could split it, say render on the main drive and proxy in the project it would be amazing..

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Jun 27, 2014 at 9:27:24 pm
Last Edited By Marcus Moore on Jun 27, 2014 at 9:28:11 pm

From an article by Steve Martin-

Media includes not only files you import, including video clips, audio files, and graphics; it also includes transcoded media: the optimized or proxy files you can create either during or after import.

Cache includes render files, optical flow and stabilization analysis files, images of thumbnails, and clip waveforms - basically all the files generated by FCP X except for transcoded media.

Proxy and Render are separate. There ya go!

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:17:04 pm

Does everyone know what Apple ProRes 4444 XQ offers? Data rates for HD video (no alpha) are 495 Mb/s compared to 330 Mb/s for ProRes 4444 and 220 Mb/s for ProRes 422 HQ. From the June 2014 ProRes White Paper:

Apple ProRes 4444 XQ: The highest-quality version of Apple ProRes for 4:4:4:4 image sources (including alpha channels), with a very high data rate to preserve the detail
in high-dynamic-range imagery generated by today’s highest-quality digital image sensors. Apple ProRes 4444 XQ preserves dynamic ranges several times greater than the dynamic range of Rec. 709 imagery—even against the rigors of extreme visual effects processing, in which tone-scale blacks or highlights are stretched significantly. Like standard Apple ProRes 4444, this codec supports up to 12 bits per image channel and up to 16 bits for the alpha channel. Apple ProRes 4444 XQ features a target data rate of approximately 500 Mbps for 4:4:4 sources at 1920 x 1080 and 29.97 fps.

http://images.apple.com/final-cut-pro/docs/Apple_ProRes_White_Paper.pdf

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:36:51 pm

This is ridiculous! Now it's a separate install? I have to re-intall ALL my plug-ins and half aren't updated so they don't work even after re-install!?! The program is more sluggish than ever and updating a project to new version is makes the project slow as molasses! And don't get me started on the Windows version!

Oh wait... that was Adobe CC 2014 not FCPX, false alarm :)

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:47:32 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Oh wait... that was Adobe CC 2014 not FCPX, false alarm :)"

LOL... you'll be in trouble now Lance...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]