FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking photos messes up keyframes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Relinking photos messes up keyframes
on Jun 25, 2014 at 11:41:33 pm

On the same project as the other post, I had to make changes to the images in Photoshop and Lightroom at the end of the edit. Changes were made and the original files that were linked in FCP X were overwritten . (I had tested this before I started, so this was safe.) These photos all relinked correctly.

What didn't work is that the moves I had applied in the timeline were wrong after the relinking. Apparently scale and position values changed. But, not for every photo. The earlier and later versions of the photos were all the same size, so no change there that might have caused it.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Relinking photos messes up keyframes
on Jun 26, 2014 at 3:03:49 am

FWIW, there are some random keyframing bugs that have been popping up in forums, here and elsewhere. Your issue may be related? Hopefully it'll get addressed in the next update whenever it appears...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
Re: Relinking photos messes up keyframes
on Jun 26, 2014 at 1:02:47 pm

[Charlie Austin] "FWIW, there are some random keyframing bugs that have been popping up in forums, here and elsewhere. Your issue may be related? Hopefully it'll get addressed in the next update whenever it appears..."

I struggle with key framing issues all the time. Nothing life threatening, just oddities. Sometimes the order in which they are applied seems to effect this...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]