FORUMS: list search recent posts

Petition hits German press.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aindreas Gallagher
Petition hits German press.
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:01:00 pm

http://derstandard.at/1308679878558/Petition-Petition-gegen-Final-Cut-Pro-X

Not shabby! It's heading for four thousand, and it was at about five hundred at the start of yesterday.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
Re: Petition hits German press.
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:40:50 pm

You all realize that this daffy petition is open to anybody and has BS names in it right? And the more press it gets the more knuckleheads with no credentials will sign it.

Further I just saw a tweet from Philip Hodgetts where he was pretty irate that someone had used his name on the petition without his knowledge or permission.

These online, open petitions are bogus and have zero impact on the issue at hand.

And in anticipation of some "Oh yes they do" responses...please show me some facts or documented coverage that supports that claim. And I mean where an online petition has predicated substantive change...not just generated press.

Thanks for your time...happy editing.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:46:37 pm

oh god alright then. And besides, they're not all bogus, and our intention in signing it isn't bogus, and really even if the whole thing is bogus and it still whips up a decent bit of press coverage - sufficient to make things a little more uncomfortable for apple, than it still has validity as an exercise for me.

Return to posts index

Andrew Landini
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:30:18 pm

Mike-

Phillip sent me (petition creator) an extremely immature all-caps email regarding his signature being added. As if I can control who adds names. The tweets and blog posts are out of line. If he would like to debate whether or not that's true, I'll be happy to share it, complete with email headers.

Phillip Hodgetts, Steve Jobs, Randy Ubelos and other names have been removed. Obviously they're not going to sign.

If your name has appeared without approval, you can contact me (alandini@gmail.com) or support@petitiononline.com and it will be removed.

Search the social web for activity and you'll see that this petition is indeed real.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:48:00 pm

Yeah I'd like to second that - its obvious from the pending lag on signatures that a fair deal of QC is going on with this petition - I've myself picked a stack of random names out and googled them, they're just editors and wee creative pros like the rest of us.

I haven't come across Coppola, although I'd dearly love to see a Murch up there - that signature alone, verified, would be ten frothing cats among screaming Apple PR pigeons. That would be real press. Sorry - fantasising away there.

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:00:23 pm

[Andrew Landini] "Phillip Hodgetts, Steve Jobs, Randy Ubelos and other names have been removed. Obviously they're not going to sign. If your name has appeared without approval, you can contact me"

The funniest one is Steven Spielberg, now you know that one's real because you know that he does all his own editing and would therefore be really concerned about this.

;o)

I just tried to see if my name was on there but each page has to be searched individually and I stopped after about 10 pages because it was just taking too long. Is there to way to search the whole thing at once?

If my name is there, please remove it as I do not want it there. Not because Apple buys advertising, they don't. I just believe as some here have stated, that this is a case of Apple doing what they feel best for their longterm survival and growth. I remember when everyone flipped because Power Computing and the clone business was axed when Steve came back under Gil Amelio. People swore it would kill Apple. Me, I always believed that the clone business would have done that had they not killed it.

But don't get me wrong, I think it was an ├╝ber-bad move on Apple's part to kill off FCP7 and FCS3.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

Andrew Landini
on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:17:27 pm

Ha! Spielberg's name has been removed. We had an influx of German signatures and that one slipped through. Approval has been active since Steve Jobs signed twice.

I searched the list and your name wasn't posted. If anyone else would like their name searched, please let me know.

Based on the press coverage and twitter activity, the figures are correct (or you can consider it ballpark figure). Apple is being pressured to respond to a very agressive petition, which wasn't written for an easy response.

You're right about the clones. I spoke to a few market analysts who said "hardware" as every third word while describing Apple.

Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]