FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut X not showing up in my "Purchased" tab

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
larry tempesta
Final Cut X not showing up in my "Purchased" tab
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:26:29 pm

anyone else having this problem. I bought it the day it came out and then all of a sudden 2 days ago the status went from purchased back to $299.99 and it doesn't show up wit hall my other purchased app? I have a receipt and the app is still installed on my macbook pro but I can't get updates or share the app on my other machines. Add another strike against Final Cut Pro X for me.....

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Final Cut X not showing up in my "Purchased" tab
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:48:26 pm

I know several people including myself experiencing this.

Motion and Compressor show INSTALLED. FCPX shows $299.99. Go to the Purchased tab in App Store and none of them show there for me.

Apple provides NO live support for App Store purchases. After much battling I finally talked to a human at customer service. They claim to have "escalated" the issue but it will take a few days!

This is something no professional (nor consumer for that matter) should go through. Fundamentally it blocks one from adding to a badly needed 2nd workstation such as MBP for field use.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Reichman
on Jun 28, 2011 at 8:06:04 pm

I have the same problem. Please let us know what Apple says when they get back to you.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 28, 2011 at 8:19:34 pm

I have a hunch a lot of people are experiencing it. It always seems to be FCPX and not Motion or Compressor that has the issue. I think a large number of them aren't contacting Apple because they don't see any issues relating to it . . . unless and until they try to install on another computer or, when the time comes, they can't download an update because it doesn't see FCPX on the system.

Return to posts index

larry tempesta
on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:23:14 am

update....

I've been on the phone with apple for HOURS trying to figure this issue out and basically they have no idea what the problem is and without me even asking or suggesting they gave me a full refund!? So as of now they do not seem like they have any idea as to what is happening, they did say that they are aware of the problem and they have other cases that are the same. So I know have a free version of Final Cut Pro X (non updateable) which takes a little bit of the bad taste out of my mouth but doesn't change the fact that FCPX is not for Pro use at all. If the updates come then I will maybe repurchase, but for now I'll consider myself a "beta tester". Good luck to the rest of you guys with the same issue..

Return to posts index

David A Fenton
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:58:25 am

Yeah, seeing that over here too..and it's my only major complaint with FCPX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]