FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX XDCAM HD 422 Playback Flickering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Radford
FCPX XDCAM HD 422 Playback Flickering
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:18:05 pm

Hello all,

I'm working on a project in FCPX that has been shot on an EX3 using the Convergent Design nanoflash unit. All video has been shot using XDCAM HD 422 50mbps. When reviewing the footage in quicktime or VLC the video looks absolutely fine..no problems at all..

When viewing in FCP X its a slightly different matter... let me elaborate..

The image quality itself is fine, the issue seems to be a flickering within the image...almost as if it is trying to Color balance/auto focus/Iris the image...its most peculiar and i've never seen anything like it before..The issue only seems to occur during playback in FCPX.

which is annoying because i can't encode and upload an example to vimeo...grrrrr

I have run the video out of both FCP7 and FCPX and playing it back in Quicktime it looks fine...its just bloody annoying as im will not be confident that everything is as it should be as i move toward the FX/Grade stage of the project.

I'm aware that this is very new software, and that apple will probably release an update to correct it.. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem during playback??

Dan Radford Editor gassProductions Ltd

Return to posts index

Roger Hendrick
Re: FCPX XDCAM HD 422 Playback Flickering
on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:23:17 am

I'm using QT wrapped XDCAM EX footage and I see excess noise and flicker but only during playback. Stepping frame by frame is fine, as is QT7, FCP7 and Log and Transfer playback. Looks like low-res playback and no way to tell or adjust.

Roger Hendrick
The Airship Factory
http://www.airshipfactory.com
HD Video Production - Blu-ray Authoring

Return to posts index

Felix Nevrela
on Jun 29, 2011 at 8:30:12 am

Same with me.
It's look like on NTSC monitor from 3rd generation copy of VHS
14 years ago....
Color cyclically changing in PLAY, like if old 1"C lost color phase....
PAUSE is OK, export to QT is OK.

Maybe it's a new ColorSync-managed pipeline feature :)

Return to posts index

Daniel Radford
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:07:41 pm

Solved the problem...

If you go to the settings in FCPX and change them so that Higher Quality is selected from the drop down box instead of Better Performance you should find that everything looks crisp and lush again!!

Dan Radford Editor gassProductions Ltd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]