FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Red Giant Universe Is Here!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
OT: Red Giant Universe Is Here!
on Apr 29, 2014 at 7:18:04 pm

After some waiting Red Giant Universe is now here, no longer beta. Just joined today at the monthly subscription level to get a feel for things. I most likely will upgrade to lifetime membership in a few months.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: OT: Red Giant Universe Is Here!
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:17:23 pm

A well thought out subscription model for sure.
Premium is either monthly, annual or, lifetime.
Same subscription supports multiple programs which is good for those who switch between FCPX, PPro, AE, Motion.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:25:35 pm

I agree completely! Kudos to the team at Red Giant for thinking this through and for their excellent customer support. Now only that, signing up for Universe took only a few, simple, and quick steps to go through. Would love to see Resolve support as well.

Also, been purchasing some of the new products from Rampant Design Tools, another great product and company.

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Apr 30, 2014 at 7:16:19 pm
Last Edited By Dustin Parsons on Apr 30, 2014 at 7:16:36 pm

I was pretty excited about the announcement too but after seeing what's offered I'm pretty sure most NLEs come with 80% of the bundled plugins in Universe so I'm not sure how useful it would be for me yet.

One thing I think is really cool is the previews of new effects they're working on and the community voting system. It would be great for Adobe to set something up like this for bug fixes or feature request.

What plugins do you think you'll get the most use from?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 30, 2014 at 7:21:55 pm

[Dustin Parsons] "I'm pretty sure most NLEs come with 80% of the bundled plugins in Universe"

I'm not quite sure they'd have the same depth or quality. It's easy to do a heads up comparison though.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 30, 2014 at 7:37:49 pm

Mainly the transitions and lens flare. Remember that Universe is very new so there will be additional offerings over time. I have used Red Link in the past for other Red Giant products and it has made updating very easy not to mention other products that might be of interest. In my very honest opinion, without question Red Giant really knows how to innovate and keep their customer base very happy in the process.

Some native plug-ins (ones that come standard with the application)usually do a very nice job. Sometimes it is a tie and sometimes there is a clear winner. I think that Red Giant does offer very good quality products. I have purchased Trapcode Particular and have been very satisfied with that purchase. So far the same goes for Universe and the amount of free stuff really made the decision to subscribe that much easier.

Will the competition take notice and offer something similar? My two cents, whatever it is worth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]