FORUMS: list search recent posts

More Accurate Waveforms in FCP X - How ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rahul Duggal
More Accurate Waveforms in FCP X - How ?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 4:17:10 am

This is my first query on this forum, & its no surprise that its regarding FCP X.

I want to perfect my technique and workflow with FCP X before jumping the ship from FCP 7. So I tried to recreate my smaller previous projects with FCP X so that I can figure out any bugs or problems that I may encounter later. So far my work consists me of dealing with DSLR Footage (Mainly shot from 5D Mk II & 7D) so FCP X seems to be holding well onto the 'Video' part of my work. But sometimes I also have to sync my cuts to the beats in the audio. In FCP 7 this was nice & easy, but in FCP X the waveforms dont seem to be providing me with an accurate picture.

I made this project recently in FCP 7 & it turned out pretty well, when I did the same thing in FCP X the cuts just didn't feel right. This was so because the waveforms in FCP X are not as accurate as in FCP 7.

Here is an example,

How am I supposed to make cuts to garbled audio waveforms towards the end of the media ? I tried bringing down the levels in FCP X, but it didn't help. Any help regarding this should be highly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: More Accurate Waveforms in FCP X - How ?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:45:49 am

Yeah, I reacted badly to the X waveforms, too. I'd probably get used to them, but I can see your music in the 7 waveform, and would also find it very easy to cut. I can't say the same for the 10 waveform. But, I suppose that could change.

Return to posts index

Rahul Duggal
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:31:52 pm

Sure, only one update on Apple's part is needed to change the algorithms which decide the way the waveforms are displayed.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Lonigro
on Dec 3, 2012 at 9:22:07 pm

I agree. The more I'm working with FCP X I am having the most difficulty adopting the way audio is handled in it. I'm finding nearly impossible to do any serious audio editing. The waveforms are un-useable. Plus I really would love to be able to edit audio in a separate viewer. The timeline is awkward and trimming in the Event browser is ridiculous.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]