FORUMS: list search recent posts

Way OT: Reinvention of the wheel

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Way OT: Reinvention of the wheel
on Apr 28, 2014 at 1:54:03 pm

Last night I was watching Mythbusters and was wondering how FCP X came up with the new color "wheel".

When seeing those square "wheels" the first thing that jumped into my insane mind was the color box.

Return to posts index

tony west
Re: Way OT: Reinvention of the wheel
on Apr 28, 2014 at 3:45:22 pm

I like those guys and it's a fun video, but I like that color board also.

Just straight forward to me, slide over to the color you want less of or more of and add or subtract.

Add as many layers as you want. I like using the shape mask to.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:04:29 pm

I like the color board, too. Just thought of how things have changed so fast and so much over the years. I want to put square "wheels" on my bike and see how that goes. :-)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:35:32 pm

Now, if they'd only make a square vectorscope.

:-D

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 28, 2014 at 6:38:42 pm

Hey,the photo guys get a Circle of Confusion...

Why CAN'T we have a Rhombus of Rejected Keywords -
or perhaps a RGB Parade Pyramid?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 28, 2014 at 9:05:30 pm

Someone at work once had an unequal cubicle. I called it a rhombicle. Now we're OT!

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:11:12 pm

[tony west] "the shape mask too."

the shape mask CC in X kicks everything's ass twice.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 30, 2014 at 1:28:25 pm

Mythbusters as a show is dead to me, ever since the mishigas that was the episode about the airplane taking off from the conveyor belt.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 4, 2014 at 9:18:48 pm

I struggle with getting an unnatural spotlight look when I use the mask. I try making it more subtle and feathering but I am never pleased with the result. Probably end user error.

I think the color board should use the complementary opposite colors on the negative/down side.

Do you ever use more than one puck adjustment for say midtones on a different layer? That is adjust more than one color up or down for mid tones?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

tony west
on May 5, 2014 at 4:00:43 pm

[Craig Alan] "I struggle with getting an unnatural spotlight look when I use the mask. I try making it more subtle and feathering but I am never pleased with the result."

Yes I have seen that but I pretty much use it the way you do, very subtle and feather it.

Sometimes just bringing up the level on just the talents face.

[Craig Alan] "Do you ever use more than one puck adjustment for say midtones on a different layer? That is adjust more than one color up or down for mid tones?"

I don't have to do that very often but have before. When there is an over all green or yellow cast to the shot because of odd lights in the building and run and gun. (I hate run and gun)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]