FORUMS: list search recent posts

Larry Jordan Now Acknowledges Apple Really Messed Up Big Time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Stone
Larry Jordan Now Acknowledges Apple Really Messed Up Big Time
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:52:37 am

Just for a lark about an hour ago I went over to Larry Jordan's blog to see if there was any more news from Apple. Didn't expect anything significant but low and behold Larry has very much had a change of tune and now emphatically states now Apple has really messed up... pretty much most of the major concerns that have been laid down here are reiterated by Sir Larry.

The number of thoughtful comments from his article is staggering. You will even see Richard Harrington in there and an acknowledgement from Larry.

Apple's Prometheus on Final Cut is now "off message". If this doesn't have a significant impact on Apple I don't think anything will. Below is a direct link to the article...

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1514

-Andrew Stone

--
Steadicam & Camera Operator

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Larry Jordan Now Acknowledges Apple Really Messed Up Big Time
on Jun 28, 2011 at 4:07:36 am

Integrity is everything, and I give Larry full credit for doing the right thing. It takes guts to risk losing one's privileged status with a company like Apple.

Whether you're an X lover, or you're not so enthused, I think we should all be thankful to Larry in this case for being a voice of truth for all FCP users.

Good job Larry Jordon - well done.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:55:14 am

yup. Larry has had a very hard line to walk, and I think he's walked it very well.

Return to posts index

Paul Escamilla
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:35:27 am

I was very happy to see Larry call Apple out on this. It can't be easy for him, as his career puts him in a tricky position. He makes his living by teaching Final Cut. FCX promised to be a boon for him, but it looks like it may be the opposite. How many non-pros are going to shell out money for training by Larry? I can't imagine there are many. Pros are the ones who pay for training, because they need to. Consumers, not so much.

So what happens to Larry's income if the pro editors all abandon FCP, as I think they should/must?

I feel for Larry. I hope he can switch gears and train people in Premiere and/or Avid. I want him to continue to make money, because he's a great guy. I would hate to see Apple's arrogant stupidity affect Larry negatively. He deserves better than that. All of us prod do.

Man, this whole situation is giving me a migraine. And I never get headaches. Its THAT bad.

Return to posts index

kim krause
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:19:46 am

we are all affected by apple right now...it's gonna cost me big time to switch to davinci after using color exclusively for many years. not to mention how we're all gonna convince our clients that the reasons for switching are valid!

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:12:47 am

This was a very good article. Hopefully this will help people understand why this is such a serious issue. I've seen a lot of people dismissing the loud criticism by saying that what has happened is typical for an Apple version 1 launch.

But the fact that Apple did a typical version 1 launch for FCPX is the heart of the problem. They should never have even considered going about this the way they did.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]