FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: NAB and Cow friends

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Bachelder
OT: NAB and Cow friends
on Apr 18, 2014 at 6:07:33 pm

Just wanted to say, before too much time passed, what a pleasure it was meeting so many of you in person this year at NAB, many for the first time:

Oliver Peters, Chris Harlan, Shane Ross and Jerry Hoffman (my booth mates at AJA), Michael Garber, Bob Zelin, Walter Biscardi... but the funniest encounter, as I'm manning one of the new CION cameras, was a guy behind me asking about not operating the camera while drinking, I had a bottle of water and just kinda smiled, he badgered me again about not drinking when operating the camera, I was puzzled, he continued, so I shouldn't drink wine while operating the camera - WTF? I read his name tag - GARY HUFF - got me good!

Looking forward to next year!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: OT: NAB and Cow friends
on Apr 18, 2014 at 7:10:09 pm

Agree,

Not sure precisely why, but I thought it was the best NAB in years.

Some fave moments:

The press room madness - this year WITH a camera crew so I didn't have to do the whole thing solo!
Being stupid and walking to the Apple off-site thing - forgetting that the "next hotel over" on the strip, is probably 2 miles away!
The SuperMeet raffle craziness. (nothing quite as energizing as getting handed a mic backstage and having to do a live "voice of god" intro for 1200 international video pros!)
Getting slightly hammered at night with my new friends from the BBC
and the slew of Linked In requests post show.

Never enjoyed an NAB more.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: OT: NAB and Cow friends
on Apr 18, 2014 at 9:24:55 pm
Last Edited By Gary Huff on Apr 18, 2014 at 9:25:08 pm

I heard that AJA wouldn't let you near the CION without having downed at least half a bottle beforehand ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]