FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX not seeing proper clip name when importing XAVC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margot McMaster
FCPX not seeing proper clip name when importing XAVC
on Apr 8, 2014 at 7:29:40 pm

I've run into an interesting issue. When importing XAVC footage into FCPX the original file name is replaced with a date and time stamp. If I import XDCam file format the original file name is not changed.

Stranger still, XAVC footage shows the correct name in the media import window but once imported and viewed in events browser I only see the date and time stamp.

I'm running Mavericks OS and FCP 10.1.1. All footage was acquired with the Sony F55 camera.

I hope someone can help, this one has me stumped.

Thank you

Margot

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
Re: FCPX not seeing proper clip name when importing XAVC
on Apr 8, 2014 at 8:10:09 pm

Are you importing the XDcam material directly through a plugin or via Content Browser?

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX not seeing proper clip name when importing XAVC
on Apr 8, 2014 at 9:54:54 pm

[Margot McMaster] "I've run into an interesting issue. When importing XAVC footage into FCPX the original file name is replaced with a date and time stamp. If I import XDCam file format the original file name is not changed.

Stranger still, XAVC footage shows the correct name in the media import window but once imported and viewed in events browser I only see the date and time stamp.

I'm running Mavericks OS and FCP 10.1.1. All footage was acquired with the Sony F55 camera.

I hope someone can help, this one has me stumped."

Select all the F55 clips in the Browser, open the inspector, towards the bottom right corner of the inspector window, select the "Apply Custom Name" drop down and choose "Original Name From Camera".

Better? :)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]