I wonder how late it will be?

Steve Connor

Class Bully

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosca
Re: Blackmagic URSA
on Apr 7, 2014 at 6:12:38 pm

^ Now that's funny!

You have to give BMD credit. They are looking for holes left by some of the big players (Apple, RED) and getting aggressive. I may not be getting their stuff, but right now they seem to be putting themselves out there as a disruptive force, and that I like very much.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 7, 2014 at 4:46:10 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Apr 7, 2014 at 4:58:22 pm

Sweet!

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 7, 2014 at 6:55:04 pm

This news has made for some very unhappy campers in the Blackmagic Forums who would like to see Blackmagic fix the problems they've had since BMCC version 1:

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20956

I was super excited about the Blackmagic cameras last year but now I'm not so sure.

publicmattersgroup.com
http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
vimeo.com/dlawrence/albums

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 7, 2014 at 7:08:05 pm

[David Lawrence] "This news has made for some very unhappy campers in the Blackmagic Forums who would like to see Blackmagic fix the problems they've had since BMCC version 1:

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20956

I was super excited about the Blackmagic cameras last year but now I'm not so sure."

I was thinking the same thing, David. All the BM cameras have been plagued with shipping delays and problems yet BM just keeps announcing new ones. It seems like the camera equivalent of 'shovelware.'

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:03:55 pm

[David Lawrence] "I was super excited about the Blackmagic cameras last year but now I'm not so sure."

Yeah... BMD has been really good at announcing exiting new cameras... not so good at delivering things on time and communicating with existing customers. Frankly, I find it baffling that they keep stubbing their toe on the same issues.... with every camera. That said, I still really like my 2.5k cinema camera. :-)

Shawn

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:56:59 pm

At least they are not draining your bank account every month while you wait. :-)

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Apr 7, 2014 at 9:29:44 pm

Love our BMCC - wonder what frame rates it will be capable of when used at simple 1080p or 2k ProRes….

That said, I would fully expect to order and pay for it with a promise of July, and not receive it until early 2015...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]