FORUMS: list search recent posts

So, are we getting an FCPX NAB update? Or no?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
So, are we getting an FCPX NAB update? Or no?
on Apr 3, 2014 at 3:19:52 am

Does any one want to wager?

I have 10 dogecoins on a release tomorrow.

Guesses at contents:

More RAW format support
Enhanced XML
FXPlug 3 whiz bangs
Library/workflow enhancement
Some sort of audio editing upgrade/enhancement
JetPac Pro support*

*If someone finds a JetPac Pro system at NAB, please PM me. It should work something like this but instead of shooting water, it shoots plasma rainbows of sheer determination:

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: So, are we getting an FCPX NAB update? Or no?
on Apr 3, 2014 at 3:55:08 am

Apple doesn't care about NAB. Hasn't for years.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 3, 2014 at 4:16:45 am

Of course. I'm not talking about an Apple booth at NAB, I'm talking about a preNAB FCPX release.

FCPX NAB history:

April 2011, Apple takes over the Supermeet in a shot heard round the world.

April 2012, FCPX 10.0.4 release right before NAB

April 2013, FCPX 10.0.8 released right before NAB.

April 2014, Jeremy has to pay someone 10 dogecoins.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 3, 2014 at 4:39:04 am

Ah. Right. They love the Supermeet

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Helmut Kobler
on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:22:14 am
Last Edited By Helmut Kobler on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:24:02 am

I hope you're right Jeremy.

Seeing the rapid development of Adobe CC makes me wonder if Apple will fall (further?) behind, since Pro apps still seem to be an afterthought for the company. Some kind of release before NAB, instead of dead silence, would be reassuring.

Send to Motion would sure be nice...

-------------------
Los Angeles Cameraman
Canon C300 (x2), Zeiss CP.2 lenses, P2 Varicam, etc.
http://www.lacameraman.com

Return to posts index

Stefani Rice
on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:36:43 am

Here's the latest news from Apple:

04/01/2014 iPad Air & iPad mini with LTE Performance Available in China Today

03/18/2014 Apple Updates Most Affordable 9.7-inch iPad with Retina display, Improved Cameras & Enhanced Performance—Now Available Starting at $399

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 3, 2014 at 11:41:20 am

Apple has generally had some private meetings off-site at NAB in the last few years. In these meetings, they usually promote the features that were just released, not upcoming features. This is because many of the folks they meet with are not as finely tuned to everything Apple does as many of us here. Since 10.1 is still recent, by that rationale - as is the new Mac Pro - my guess is they will be promoting 4K workflows in FCP X 10.1.1 running on a Mac Pro. Plus interop with other solutions, like Resolve and Smoke.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Apr 3, 2014 at 4:14:04 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Since 10.1 is still recent, by that rationale - as is the new Mac Pro"

Maybe they'll announce that they've figured out how to actually deliver the new Mac Pros? Two and half months and counting... some waiting 3 months already...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Apr 3, 2014 at 2:04:53 pm

If we don't see a release this week, it will be the first time since 2011 we haven't had an FCP X update pre-NAB. Both those updates [10.0.4 and 10.0.8] were pretty minor.

The optimist in me says that if 10.1.2 is a feature release, they'd want to have their Press briefings first, which as Oliver mentions they typically have this weekend. So we'll see what we hear from the regulars- Scott Simmons, Larry Jordan, and Philip Hodgetts.

Beyond the 5 basic areas of improvement I keep harping on-
• Audio Mixing
• Role-based timeline organization
• Logic/Motion interchange
• Improved CC tools
• collaborative editing

Here are some specifics I'm hoping to see
• CinemaDNG support
• RED 3rd party GPU support [in the most recent Resolve and announced for upcoming Premier]
• improved XML
• scrolling timeline [just to throw a bone to Richard Taylor, who's had this at the top of his request list since the beginning]

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 3, 2014 at 2:28:04 pm

This next update will most likely be a minor one - mainly to address performance and take care of any bugs under the hood. I doubt very much that an update release with new features would be released this early in the game. Then again Apple has been known to do things that defy logic.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Apr 3, 2014 at 2:50:58 pm

History certainly points to a maintenance release. And we're not really that far away from the Dec19th release of 10.1. But two points to consider-

1. We've already had a bug release with 10.1.1

2. just how fast that bug release came out (less than a month) and because of how painfully slow on orders the MacPro was... one could conclude that 10.1 was sitting around waiting for release with the MP for quite some time. Dates on RippleTraining vids show they had it in their hands in at least October.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 3, 2014 at 4:12:55 pm

Here is what I would like to see in the next update:

1. The ability to have more than one scope available at the same time. Switching between scopes is not very efficient. Also, have the ability to have one, two, or all scopes available. Resolve has this option.

2. Allow the scopes and color correction tools to be placed on a second monitor and hide the events browser. We can then have access to all the tools and scopes. Switching between exposure then the color box gets kind of tedious. Consider putting the exposure tab on the left with the color box in the middle and all else on the right.

3. Better keyframing tools, really don't need to say anything else here.

4. Please bring back "Sent To Motion", thank you.

5. There is some empty space where some more buttons could be placed. A custom tool set would be welcome as well.

My two cents.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 3, 2014 at 9:57:25 pm

It looks like I am keeping my dogecoins and going home.

See you next year.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Apr 4, 2014 at 1:17:31 pm

I think the ship has sailed for this week. But I remain optimistic we'll see something for NAB. Insanity has surely set in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]