FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: New Forum: FINAL CUT PRO X TECHNIQUES

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Pollard
Re: New Forum: FINAL CUT PRO X TECHNIQUES
on Jun 27, 2011 at 10:59:43 pm

Thanks so much. With 30+ years as a TV broadcaster I consider myself a "pro" and still a keen amateur too. Currently executive producing two weekly television shows. Final Cut Pro X does what I need, and works fantastically on my Macbook Pro. I am more interested in getting to grips with it than grumbling.

My suspicion is that Apple will operate on a model where the basic Final Cut is available to all at a sane price, but later modules will add networking and other functionality for those who need it. I can even envision an FCP legacy conversion program being part of the line up. It's doable. There's no reason others should pay for features they do not need, even if it allows "pros" to sleep at night because it keeps out the competition.

Secondly, I have no doubt that Apple expected this reaction, although perhaps not the intensity of it. I've seen remarkably similar reactions to everything from the Canon 5D camera, to DV cameras as a genre, and - oh yes - the first Final Cut Pro itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]