FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 10.1.1 Multicam Edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cape
Final Cut Pro 10.1.1 Multicam Edit
on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:08:32 am

I have 5 camera angles in a 45 minute piano and soprano project. Three angles were recorded in separate takes. Audio was recorded in take 2. I will need to slip the slightly out of sync video clips into sync with the audio track.

How can this be accomplished? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Final Cut Pro 10.1.1 Multicam Edit
on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:35:12 am

Your best option is to keep the final audio separate from the multiclip. FCPX doesn't allow you to slip the video from the audio in the cut so keeping it separate is you best option since the angles are completely able to be synched.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

David Cape
on Mar 23, 2014 at 3:21:25 pm

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the post. I agree, the multicam audio is used for syncing only. The audio for the project was recorded separately. I have to figure out how to manually "slip" the video clip into sync with the audio, if necessary. The multicam editing process will break up the 45 minute clips into many clips lasting about 30 seconds or less. Some of these clips will be out of sync. There must be a way to fix this, no?

David

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 23, 2014 at 5:18:20 pm

Well, it may take some time, but if you blade your takes into smaller chunks and then place them on separate angles in the Angle Editor, you can resync them to the recorded audio and bring those sections back in sync. You'll end up with a lot of angles (which you can merge down to a couple angles per take after sync).

Another method (depending on the amount of drift) could involve adjusting the retiming of the clip by finding a sync point at the beginning of the take and at the end, setting markers for both the take and recorded audio at that point and then dragging the retime until all four markers line up. This method works fine if there's a consistent drift or if they just sped up the final recording, but can be problematic otherwise.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

David Cape
on Mar 23, 2014 at 9:09:45 pm

Andy,

Constructive thoughts, thank you. I will first try the second plan, but carry it a step further by dropping another pair of markers in the middle and two more to divide each half. This might further reduce asymmetrical timing deviations. What say?

David.

Return to posts index

David Cape
on Mar 26, 2014 at 9:27:30 pm

Hi Andy.
.I hope you are still around. I have checked out the files and the sync deviations are unpredictable. I think I will have to manually replace the bad video from another instance of that that clip. Very time consuming.. Is there another way?

David.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]