FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wish List for 10.1.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Wish List for 10.1.2
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:59:35 pm

While waiting for NAB to get here, this is my wish list for the next update:

1. Send To Motion, please! I know this overstating the obvious but please bring this feature back!
2. The ability to keyframe color correction.
3. Have multiple scopes available at the same time.
4. Individual slider controls for more precise color correction, color bar feels kind of akward at times.
5. Better support for projects done in versions 7 and prior. I really do not feel the need to purchase another product just to make X more useful. Apple, what were you thinking?
6. Tracks, at least for audio.
7. A package deal where one can get FCP X, Motion and Compressor packaged together for a lower price.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Wish List for 10.1.2
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:08:40 pm

[David Mathis] "Better support for projects done in versions 7 and prior. I really do not feel the need to purchase another product just to make X more useful. Apple, what were you thinking?"

That ship has sailed and I would bet money this will never happen from Apple. There is 7toX after all, what more are you looking for?

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Mar 19, 2014 at 1:27:52 am

I agree. And honestly I think we got way better support with Philip Hodgetts. 7toX has been updated 34 times since it first launched in Jan 2012. Many times in direct response to user issues. There's no way Apple could have responded that fast or frequently.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:30:33 pm

[David Mathis] "While waiting for NAB to get here, this is my wish list for the next update:

1. Send To Motion, please! I know this overstating the obvious but please bring this feature back!"

Agreed

2. The ability to keyframe color correction.
3. Have multiple scopes available at the same time.
4. Individual slider controls for more precise color correction, color bar feels kind of akward at times.

Don't do a lot of Color stuff, but I can see this would be useful. Though there are some very good plug-ins for folks who need more control...

5. Better support for projects done in versions 7 and prior. I really do not feel the need to purchase another product just to make X more useful. Apple, what were you thinking?

Not gonna happen. FCP 7 is dead, 7toX works great for those who need it.

6. Tracks, at least for audio.

Also not gonna happen. Roles will be beefed up I'm sure, and if you need fixed tracks, secondary story lines work great. It's nice to be able to do manual A/B crossfades in one storyline with expanded components.

7. A package deal where one can get FCP X, Motion and Compressor packaged together for a lower price.

All things considered, the price already is pretty "low" :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:39:26 pm

to be fair - the price definitely isn't a problem. particularly given they don't seem inclined to charge for full .1 upgrades.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 18, 2014 at 9:42:43 pm

[David Mathis] "4. Individual slider controls for more precise color correction, color bar feels kind of akward at times."

Have you tried the numerical values instead of the pucks? A middle scroll wheel on a mouse will increment each up or down, just like a slider.

[David Mathis] "7. A package deal where one can get FCP X, Motion and Compressor packaged together for a lower price."

$400 and no update charges isn't cheap enough? It's pretty insanely low right now, compared to everything else. Don't you think?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:07:42 am

I agree with Oliver. It's already a great deal.
For color correction, if you're not happy with the inbuilt tool, try Hawaiki. It's pretty good.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Mar 20, 2014 at 3:41:31 pm

[Oliver Peters] "
Have you tried the numerical values instead of the pucks? A middle scroll wheel on a mouse will increment each up or down, just like a slider."

I have tried that method and it works. As far as individual slider controls, was referring to one for each color channel in the shadows, mids and highlights. Something that Color had. Just my opinion, but this does make for more precise color correction. I do like the scopes, much better than what was available in previous versions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]