FORUMS: list search recent posts

Master File export one frame too long?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Davis
Master File export one frame too long?
on Mar 14, 2014 at 7:47:23 pm

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the Master File share option is generating a file that is one frame longer than the sequence? We're seeing this on two different systems here.

What's most troubling in our case is that it seems to be duplicating a random frame within the sequence! That's not good when trying to generate final deliverable files.

If we apply a title or generator to the top of the entire sequence, it consistently exports correctly. Also, Send to Compressor seems to work.

I've filed a report to Apple, but this is not a good bug (not many usually are).

Bill

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Master File export one frame too long?
on Mar 15, 2014 at 2:01:28 pm

Hi,

we have a similar problem in having exports to ProRes422 that are off by a frame (out of sync). In our case the very first frame is duplicated.

This we experience on sd as well as hd projects and most our projects are edited with native .mxf files but .mov files have produced the same problem sometimes.

We have not been able to pin this down to a particular format or workflow and keep searching.

I will experiment with having a title run along the whole sequence to see if the problem goes away.

And I will come back to you if we make any progress, just in case it helps you too.

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCP7/X
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

William Davis
Re: Master File export one frame too long?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 2:12:23 pm

Thanks, Patrice.

I'll keep testing and post back here as well.

Bill

Bill Davis
thedavisreview.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]