FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know how to remove used clip infer in List view?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dobson
Anyone know how to remove used clip infer in List view?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 3:23:38 pm

I'm trying to find out if its possible to remove or hide the 'orange tick/used' that appears in List view. I can remove the information that appears in the filmstrip above the list but not in the list view.

I have reported this to Apple and will keep my fingers crossed that the fault is resolved with the next update but maybe I just don't know how to do and a brighter spark will have the answer.

It really clutters up list view. The way I organise interview material is to to create a favourite for every response and then write a précis in the favourite field.

When one subsequently edits a favorited response in the timeline and slices out hesitations, ums, errs and mistakes each edit results in anoth orange tick and a huge list of used symbols starts appearing in List view. This is new since 10.1

Here's a picture of what happens.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Anyone know how to remove used clip infer in List view?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 3:49:24 pm

You can't, but it sure would be nice.

Please send feedback! As a matter of fact, it would be nice to be able to choose what is shown in list view (kind of like how you can choose which columns are displayed).

https://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Mar 10, 2014 at 4:29:16 pm

I've already let them know.

I just hope it is a bug and not a feature!

Might be amusing to have a thread pulling together all the bugs and quirks that are still present in this app.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 10, 2014 at 10:14:17 pm

I agree, as long as everyone agrees that a "bug" is universally considered something that works CONTRARY to the way the programming team intended it to work.

And the lovely term "quirk" gets reserved for the thousand things that can be summed up with "Hey, that's not the way •I'd• prefer it work."

One being an actual problem and the other a perceived one, after all.

I agree tho, that this one falls on the border. That many useless items in an auto generated list resulting from a perfectly valid workflow is silly.

And I suspect it will get on the Apple punch list sooner rather than later.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 10, 2014 at 10:16:41 pm

I wouldn't call it a bug either.

I want the reverse action. Hide the Used caption from the list view, but keep it in the thumbnail at all times.

It's very useful there, but gets in the way in list view.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:04:25 am

It certainly bugs me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]