FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delays

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Craig Seeman
Re: Delays
on Mar 1, 2014 at 4:24:15 am

Yet today I walked into Tekserve and walked out with stock 6 core model. MacMall also says same day shipping on that model.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 1, 2014 at 8:45:31 am

Please post some thoughts about performance of the 6 core when you can Craig.

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Mar 1, 2014 at 2:22:50 pm

I've had my 8-core, D700 sitting here for 4 days and I haven't even had time to crack open the box!

I feel bad for those still waiting- but at least Apple has been communicate about it.

Are the delays regionally based? Mine and another 8-core machine order on Dec 24 and 26th respectively both arrived this week.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 1, 2014 at 2:43:00 pm

Odd thing about "regional" aspect is that Tekserve and B&H are about a mile apart and Tekserve has the two "stock" models in stock and B&H has 4 to 6 weeks. Apple Stores in the same area are all "ship to store."

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:51:16 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Odd thing about "regional" aspect is that Tekserve and B&H are about a mile apart and Tekserve has the two "stock" models in stock and B&H has 4 to 6 weeks."

But for non New Yorkers, it's important to note that Tekserve is the largest non-apple Mac only store in the region, while B&H is a huge camera and video retail store with rock bottom prices. No surprise that Tekserve gets stock from Apple before B&H.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 1, 2014 at 7:06:54 pm

[Marcus Moore] "I've had my 8-core, D700 sitting here for 4 days and I haven't even had time to crack open the box!"

Dude. What?

:)

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Mar 2, 2014 at 6:25:20 pm

I know... I know....

I'm hoping to get her up and running today or tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Mar 3, 2014 at 12:01:01 am

Mine has been shipped as of yesterday, with an expected arrival date of 11th March. That's a 6 core D700 with 32 gigs of ram going to Hertfordshire in England. Initially it had a February dispatch date.

And as an additional bit of info from the home counties, I went into the Watford Apple store last week and they only had one 6 core unit on display with nothing to sell.

It's heavier than I thought :)

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:15:54 am

We have the exact same spec for our first model. We still don't have a confirmed delivery date, just confirmation that it is shipping from the US within the next 5 business days. I'd guess it will arrive on the 11th too...

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:35:00 am

Hey Tom, I got a call from them the day before the email stating the same thing, 5 to 7 working days, then the email the next day. I guess that you would be getting the same email in the next day or two, as mine came on Friday (I think) and then we had the weekend. Looks like mid-March for you too :) Enjoy :)

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:01:51 pm

I'm going to be VERY interested in your opinions on your new MPro Julian, hopefully you'll give us an update when you've had some time with it?

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:51:36 pm

I have my fingers crossed Steve. I imagine that for my needs it should be a rather pleasant experience, but i'm not really going to know until I start doing the larger projects on it which drive my current mac pro into a wall and me to despair.

From reading pre-release about what people said about them etc., I am imaging I have hit a sweet spot for cost vs power for my needs, which is mostly 1080, FCPX and Motion 5.

I shall report back over time, but I am quietly optimistic that Apple have made the mac pro and fcpx good bedfellows and things will be smooth.

Looking forward to trying 10.1 too as I've not bothered upgrading from 10.0.8 or to Mavericks either.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:24:10 pm

Just got the email. March 11th estimated delivery date so there must be a batch of Mac Pro machines being shipped to the uk with d700s around that date!

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:48:32 pm

That's great Tom :) looks like they found the UK on the map again :)

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Mar 4, 2014 at 9:18:18 pm

My 6core, 32GB, 512 SSD, dual 700 just shipped today. I ordered on January 11th.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]