FORUMS: list search recent posts

Business Apple Store and FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregorio Paolini
Business Apple Store and FCPX
on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:41:31 pm

This morning I called the Business Apple Store from Italy (800 915 911), asking for an invoice with VAT when I was going to purchase a seat of FCPX from their App Store. Utterly surprised, the Business Store guy replied: "Non è fatturabile" ("We can't make a proper/fiscal invoice"). Try to imagine how "Pro" this App can be.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Business Apple Store and FCPX
on Jun 27, 2011 at 6:26:09 pm

[Gregorio Paolini] "This morning I called the Business Apple Store from Italy (800 915 911), asking for an invoice with VAT when I was going to purchase a seat of FCPX from their App Store. Utterly surprised, the Business Store guy replied: "Non è fatturabile" ("We can't make a proper/fiscal invoice"). Try to imagine how "Pro" this App can be."

I'd attribute this more to US-centrism and the newness of the App Store, if that makes you feel any better. In the US, the standard e-mail receipt is perfectly fine for tax-related purposes.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

José Luis Martínez Díaz
on Jun 27, 2011 at 10:46:23 pm

What the f*ck?.

So Apple doesn't even respect the EU law?.

This is surreal.

j

Return to posts index

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:24:22 am

"Thank You For Smoking"

---

http://www.peterdv.com

Return to posts index

Matteo Duranti
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:39:53 am

Just go to http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/ and click on "Account and billing". I got my VAT invoice (from iTunes SARL, based in Luxemburg - VAT 15%) in less than 24 hours.

Return to posts index

Gregorio Paolini
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:11:23 am

Apparently Business Store representatives are not aware of it.

Return to posts index

Matteo Duranti
on Jul 2, 2011 at 7:28:40 am

a quick update:

the VAT invoice I got is totally useless (and actually it makes no sense).

In fact under the EU VAT law governing the sale of digital goods "a business must alway charge VAT to non-VAT registered entities (ie. consumers) but should not charge VAT to foreign EU VAT registerered businesses who provide them with a VAT number. These foreign EU businesses are required to declare their purchase and the tax due to their own tax authorities."

So a VAT invoice from iTunes Sarl to me (with my Italian VAT number) and 15% (Luxembourg) VAT charged is definitely incorrect. I'll wait and see if I can get a refund for the VAT I paid and then a proper invoice.

So yes, you're right. The Apple Store is not ready for European professionals (unless they're based in Luxembourg).

And I think the Business Store representatives don't know anything about VAT invoices for apps because we're not buying from the Apple Store but from iTunes. Apple Store has a legal rep for tax purposes in Italy, and that's why they charge (correctly) 20% (Italian) VAT.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]