FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple and XML

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Stewart
Apple and XML
on Jun 27, 2011 at 3:23:39 pm

Seen this?

'Final Cut Pro, Apple's award-winning nonlinear editing software, supports an open, standards-based XML Interchange Format—a feature with "huge" implications for the film industry and for developers who want to create new products to improve the editing process.
Veteran Hollywood film editor Walter Murch, who turned industry heads by choosing to cut the $80 million picture Cold Mountain on Final Cut Pro and several off-the-shelf Power Macs, says this about the software and its XML feature: "The notion of nonproprietary software systems that can run on CPUs, without special hardware, combined with Apple's courageous decision to use the XML protocol, which is wide open to all third-party developers to interface with, is huge."

..from APPLE'S OWN PRESS RELEASE ARCHIVE! So either they were horribly, cynically insincere then, or they were doubly so at the Supermeet when they decided to put up the garden wall..

Still online here, get it before Apple does!
http://developer.apple.com/appleapplications/fcpxml.html

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Apple and XML
on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:53:28 pm

[Dan Stewart] "..from APPLE'S OWN PRESS RELEASE ARCHIVE! So either they were horribly, cynically insincere then, or they were doubly so at the Supermeet when they decided to put up the garden wall.."

Or they've always intended to offer a way for third parties to access sequence data in FCP X, and it just isn't ready yet. Which it seems is pretty clearly the case, based on what they told Philip Hodgetts:

However, during my direct briefing, the Apple folk made it abundantly clear that the ecosystem was very important to them, and that there will be a new, and much improved, replacement for the current XML workflow. That’s entirely consistent with what I’d heard pre-release that there would be a new form of XML and that it would be accessed by some sort of SDK (Software Developer Kit).

(Emphasis mine.)

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]