FORUMS: list search recent posts

Licenses for FCPX -- mutliple computers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Wilson
Licenses for FCPX -- mutliple computers
on Jun 27, 2011 at 2:55:37 pm

I thumbed through the license agreement in FCPX. I have an iMac and a new MacBook Pro and I'm wondering if I can buy one copy of FCPX and install it on both machines.

I know it was allowed in FCPS 3 to install the entire suite on one desktop and one laptop that you own.

Here's all I really found in the agreement: "you are granted a limited non-transferable license to install and use the Apple Software only on Apple-branded computers that you own or control... you may not distribute or make the software available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time."

So to me, that says I can install it on both my iMac and MBP, since I own both.

Am I right to assume that? Also, can anyone give me info on how to install on both machines? I'm thinking I just have to have the same App Store account on both of my machines? Do I download it twice or will it sync somehow?

I haven't really used the Mac App store too much, so I'm not sure how that process might work.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Licenses for FCPX -- mutliple computers
on Jun 27, 2011 at 3:19:48 pm

[Jordan Wilson] "So to me, that says I can install it on both my iMac and MBP, since I own both. "

This is my understanding as well.

[Jordan Wilson] "Am I right to assume that? Also, can anyone give me info on how to install on both machines? I'm thinking I just have to have the same App Store account on both of my machines? Do I download it twice or will it sync somehow? "

You should log into your iTunes account and download it onto each machine. I initially tried just copying the app from desktop to laptop to save the download, but while the app worked and the App Store recognized it as being installed, it claimed it hadn't been installed via the App Store (true enough), which would have meant I wouldn't have been able to install updates via the App Store in the future.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
Re: Licenses for FCPX -- mutliple computers
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:24:40 am

"Thank You For Smoking"

---

http://www.peterdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]