FORUMS: list search recent posts

New tube?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sefton
New tube?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:20:48 pm

Who has had their tube delivered and are you in the uk?

I only know of a couple of post houses in the north of the UK that have theirs, just intrigued to know how many others in America and around the world have theirs already. Ours was ordered 2nd jan but still no word on shipping dates...

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
Re: New tube?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:04:46 pm

mine was ordered 19th of december, no shipping date yet. Got an email from apple a few weeks back stating the tube would be shipped in february but no exact date yet... (I live in the netherlands)

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Feb 8, 2014 at 10:47:38 pm
Last Edited By John Davidson on Feb 8, 2014 at 10:50:04 pm

Not UK but we ordered 2 the day after release and got the first one (12 core) about 4 weeks ago and the second (8 core) came in this past Wednesday. Both have the biggest GPU's.

We chose 12 core for our graphics guy who runs Maya and Adobe CS6. We got the 8 core for the FCPX editor who was on a 2011 iMac. Needless to say, both guys are super happy! We chose the 12 core for graphics because multi-core helps with renders. The 8 Core was for FCPX because the higher clock speed of the 8 CPU's runs FCPX faster than 12 - or so we were told.

The best surprise actually came from running our ATTO 10 Gbe Thunderlink speedtest to the NAS. 700MB R/W. That was kind of insane.

Biggest annoyance right now is that there's not a lot of software ready to run the GPU's. Give it 6 months and perhaps that will improve.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 9, 2014 at 3:09:15 am

For the Maya crowd, fixes may come sooner rather than later: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/02/2013-mac-pro-firepro-d700-opengl-is-be...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]