FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Match Clips From a Different Converting Progam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shonn Sliv
How to Match Clips From a Different Converting Progam
on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:31:27 am

I have saved my project files for all of my movies made in FCPX but had deleted all the .Mov files that were originally converted from the import straight from my camera thru FCPX. I still have my raw .MXF files but they are not in there original folder from the card and now FCPX will not recognize them to re-import.

When I try to convert them on Toast Titanium and drop the new .MOV's into the old fcpx the clips for some reason do not match anymore due to I am guessing a wrong setting used in Toast.

Does anyone have any advice for how to convert my raw .MXF files into the original .MOV's that were used so I do not have to start from scratch in making a new timeline?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How to Match Clips From a Different Converting Progam
on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:12:36 pm

[Shonn Sliv] " still have my raw .MXF files but they are not in there original folder from the card and now FCPX will not recognize them to re-import. "

Can you import them at all? FCPX should be able to relink if you can import them.

Return to posts index

Shonn Sliv
on Feb 5, 2014 at 10:38:08 pm

The problem is they are not in the original CF card file structure so FCPX will not recognize them to import. I would need to convert them back to a .MOV thru a 3rd party program and match up exactly the same frame rate and codecs used when fcpx did it. Just can't seem to figure out what recipe of settings I need to set in Toast to properly recognize the new MOV as the old :/ Hence this lies my problem. Is there any other good programs besides toast? I am also using a Canon XF 100 if that helps and shooting in 1080 at 60i

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 5, 2014 at 10:43:16 pm

[Shonn Sliv] "The problem is they are not in the original CF card file structure"

What structure are they in?

Return to posts index

Shonn Sliv
on Feb 5, 2014 at 11:25:06 pm

Basically I have renamed them to match the clip titles they belong with and took them out of their original folder with the xmls and have placed just the raw .MXF files in their own folder for easy organization.

ex:
FolderName:
OutdoorScene1

Inside Folder:
OutdoorSceneClip1.MXF
OutdoorSceneClip2.MXF
OutdoorSceneClip3.MXF
OutdoorSceneClip4.MXF....

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 6, 2014 at 4:53:05 pm

[Shonn Sliv] "Basically I have renamed them to match the clip titles they belong with and took them out of their original folder with the xmls and have placed just the raw .MXF files in their own folder for easy organization.
"

Ouch. For next time, this is probably an example of what not to do.

The plug-ins mentioned should help you as you would be able to transcode the MXF to mov in Compressor.

I have MXF4mac, so if you'd like to upload one of your smaller MXF files, I can offer to transcode it for you to .mov and see if you can relink it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
on Feb 5, 2014 at 11:45:29 pm

Maybe you could recreate your camera card structure using a "sparsebundle" containing the folder organization of a typical card from the original camera format, and then putting your mxf at the right level so they would be recognized again by FCPX…

I hope this could work

all the best

zap

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 6, 2014 at 4:50:50 am

... or you need to get a 3rd party-plugin like mxf4mac or the calibrated MXF-plugin to import these files nativly.

http://www.mxf4mac.com

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/

Return to posts index

Shonn Sliv
on Feb 6, 2014 at 1:05:47 pm

Thanks for all the advice! I found that XfcpX2 was able to convert them properly but sadly only the first clip of each timeline gets recognized as valid. It looks like on my old timelines the 2nd and 3rd clips and so forth have a media and start time that goes right after the one before it. When I use a 3rd party app it starts each media time at 0:00 which is my assumption why it wont recognize anything after clip 1 in the timeline. Any advice to get the others in there?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]