FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bezier bug when keyframing position and scale is fixed!!! Can anybody confirm?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikolas Bäurle
Bezier bug when keyframing position and scale is fixed!!! Can anybody confirm?
on Jan 28, 2014 at 5:06:58 am

I was just playing with keyframing in X and just realized that the Bezier curve bug when keyframing position and scale is gone.

When only keyframing position the animation is straight, as it always has been, or curved if moving is done in the viewer.

Keyframing position and scale still defaults to a curve, even though the interpolation in the viewer is set to linear. But now, clicking on the checked linear setting gets rid of the Bezier curve.

As far as I know the bug was still in 10.0.9.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Bezier bug when keyframing position and scale is fixed!!! Can anybody confirm?
on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:13:18 pm

Have they added ease in-ease out to position, rotation & scale parameters? Not only the FCP X ones but any you might have in a Motion Template?

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Bezier bug when keyframing position and scale is fixed!!! Can anybody confirm?
on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:25:39 pm

No, temporal interpolation is still the same. But easing opacity still works for those who need it :-))

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:11:19 pm

I thought it was always the easing that was the problem. It would default to easing some things but not others. If it eases the linear motion, but not the scaling, then you get what appears to be a curved path. The problem was sort of the reverse in legacy. You could apply an easing to some things but not others. But at least everything defaulted to no easing and linear. In any case, they still just don't get key framing. Adobe does. Especially in AE, but Premiere is pretty decent as well.

I like how I can now paste keyframes in X. But it's still pretty clunky in that it deletes the keyframes in the area you're pasting. Back when grunge was the thing, I'd create a bunch of motion keyframes, then paste them all over as hold keyframes to get a randomized jumpy look. Apple just deletes the current frames and replaces. Doh.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:39:06 pm

[Bret Williams] "I thought it was always the easing that was the problem. It would default to easing some things but not others. If it eases the linear motion, but not the scaling, then you get what appears to be a curved path."

That's exactly the bug I'm talking about. Here's a screen recording.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:47:29 pm

Excellent

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 28, 2014 at 11:29:12 pm

However, you might want to try using the crop tool for these simple moves. It works just like the Ken Burns tool except there isn't any easing at all. Perfectly linear moves. I started using it for pan and scans over a year ago once I found that my trusty key framing was useless.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jan 29, 2014 at 12:12:34 am

I never actually considered using the crop tool, I'll try it out. The problem is I rarely need to do simple moves for my X jobs. I have been using Ken Burns and prefer it to keyframing for simple animations. But most of the time I like to mix things up anyway, especially when cutting star-news stuff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]