FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue using a second monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Issue using a second monitor
on Jan 24, 2014 at 5:56:04 am

Just recently purchased a new LG LED cinema display to use as a second monitor. Unfortunately have a major issue in doing so. The monitor is not seeing a signal coming from my Mac Pro, which I believe is a late 2011 or early 2012 model. I have mini HDMI convertor which is then connected directly to the HDMI cable attached to the monitor.

My main monitor is the Apple display. Not sure what is going on but any help at this point is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
Re: Issue using a second monitor
on Jan 24, 2014 at 4:24:58 pm

Different cards have limitations on the size of the display. I'd check that first, if you haven't already.

Tim

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jan 24, 2014 at 6:16:14 pm

Oops! It was actually a loose cable that was the issue. Pardon me while I go crawl under a rock.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jan 24, 2014 at 6:47:11 pm

[David Mathis] "Pardon me while I go crawl under a rock."

We've all been under that rock!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jan 24, 2014 at 7:27:54 pm

I know this is going to be a stupid question but how do I tell my Mac Pro which monitor I want as the primary monitor? I am guessing there is something in the system preferences that I perhaps missed. Everything has moved over to the second monitor, dock and everything with it. Time to head for the rock again. :-)

Return to posts index

Jon Cairns
on Jan 25, 2014 at 2:55:20 pm

In the display preferences simply drag the finder bar in the monitor icons to the monitor you'd like to have act as the primary monitor.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]