....Thank You Note from Adobe and AVID?

To: Apple Corp.

Re: FCP X

Thank You.

Signed,

Shantanu & Gary

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
Re: When do you think Apple will get the...
on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:02:21 am

I hope to see some kind of magazine ad some day.

... Just a blank page ...

... with a subtle, unobtrusive font in the middle ...

... "Thank you, Apple." ...

... and at the bottom... there is a small adobe logo.

Return to posts index

Joe Moya
on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:45:53 pm

maybe they could also add little...

xoxo's

....as well...

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:42:45 pm

[Joe Moya] "....Thank You Note from Adobe and AVID?"

FCP X seems like a great thing for Avid and Adobe this week. But Apple plays a long game. Yes, there are significant features missing from the first release of FCP X and people are claiming they feel betrayed. But once the more glaring feature gaps are filled, and everyone has calmed down a little (both of which are inevitable), there's not a lot for Adobe and Avid to be happy about here.

Why was FCP so successful in the first place? I'd argue a huge part of it is that it was much more approachable -- in terms of both price and UI -- to students and other new editors, who later moved into the marketplace and brought along the tools they were comfortable with.

FCP X, with its lower price point and new UI, is even more approachable.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Joe Moya
on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:57:03 pm

Chris... from a marketing standpoint...

This wait and see how the dust settles over then next year or so...makes NO sense.

Why would anyone give up current market share in exchange for potentially larger new customer base?

Apple did EVERYTHING right to beat up it's competition over the past 10 yrs. and decides.... what seems like to it's current user base (specially the highly influential professional editor).... to (overnight) totally scrap the developement and marketing plan that had worked?????

I don't know what the Adobe management was smoking at the time...but, what ever it was.... they need to stop.

{scratching head}

I've seen third world junta overthrows organized better than this Apple marketing debacle. FCPX could be the best thing since sliced bread... but, if it needs time to bake...then, bring it out when it's done...but not in it's current state of development.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 27, 2011 at 2:07:16 pm

[Joe Moya] "This wait and see how the dust settles over then next year or so...makes NO sense."

I think we'll see a significant update much sooner than 12 months from now, and perhaps some more specific information about future plans.

[Joe Moya] "I've seen third world junta overthrows organized better than this Apple marketing debacle. FCPX could be the best thing since sliced bread... but, if it needs time to bake...then, bring it out when it's done...but not in it's current state of development."

FCP X is useful to a decent number of people today, so Apple shipped it. It's that simple. This doesn't mean they don't care about the FCP 7 users who it's not useful to today.

They could have avoided most of this firestorm by communicating better about future plans, instead of waiting for people to get pissed and then releasing info via David Pogue, etc. But they're Apple; communicating about future plans is not something they do often, and consequently not something they thought through very well here.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:25:08 am

"Thank You For Smoking"

---

http://www.peterdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]