FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kubler-Ross Strikes Again!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Levy
Kubler-Ross Strikes Again!
on Jun 26, 2011 at 11:56:22 pm

I'm hoping to eventually have a similar positive experience to that described by Simon Ubsdell and a couple of others once the "crisis mode" phase of evaluation passes for those intrepid souls who are investigating the app now and finding it lacking. I see a lot of Kubler-Ross in action currently.....primarily the first three of Elisabeth's Five Stages of Grief and Loss, namely

(1) Denial ("How could Apple do this to our loyal user base? Steve Jobs can't possibly have known about this personally")

(2) Anger ("The developers should be fired for ruining our careers this way. This is an outrageous slap in the face.") and

(3) Bargaining ("If they agree to just add these key features back in, maybe it won't be so bad").

If Apple proceeds on course, (4) -- Depression -- will occur for many, inevitably followed by (5) -- Acceptance -- either in the form of transitioning to the new version of Final Cut with all its quirks, imperfections and drawbacks, or by making a break and embracing another editing application.

If there's a silver lining to the current situation, it's this: All of us will undoubtedly emerge with our editing skills, contacts and experiences intact, and a reel of work to show which will be just as compelling as it was before X was even a glint in Randy's eye.

Have faith that this is the footing on which careers will be sustained. They won't be destroyed by the (regrettable) difficulties of weathering Apple's ill-conceived rollout.

Return to posts index

Clayton Burkhart
Re: Kubler-Ross Strikes Again!
on Jun 27, 2011 at 6:20:33 am

All of this may or may not apply to the release of FCPX, but I sure am getting tired of being told what I am feeling in this situation.

I have even had a moderator tell me that I had pent-up frustration.
(Which couldn't be further from the truth)

Can we please leave the pop psychology behind?

Return to posts index

James Mortner
Re: Kubler-Ross Strikes Again!
on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:57:06 am

I thought it was quite funny !

Although I probably have deep-seated anger issues related to my father

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]