FORUMS: list search recent posts

Norwegian Macbook pro, shortcuts problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Slemdal
Norwegian Macbook pro, shortcuts problems
on Jan 14, 2014 at 7:43:00 pm

Hi, I see that a lot of the shortcuts don`t work on my keyboard - I`ve tried fcpx to check under commands, but that gives me nada. Hmmm.

Play selection should be /. For me this is shift + 7, but that doesn`t work. when I look up play selection under command and keyboard sign it doesn´t show anything. strange?

Zoom in on timeline should be +, but that doesnt work. Strangely the Zoom out (minus) works well.

Select left [ and select right ] doesnt work either - for me this is option 8 and option 9.

How do I fix this?

Return to posts index

Jan-Ola Norrman
Re: Norwegian Macbook pro, shortcuts problems
on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:44:05 am

Hello,

I am a Swede with a physical swedish keyboard where our å, ä, ö and some other characters have taken the place of some characters needed for using fcpx or older 7.
FCP is set up for a physical US keyboard. There are some shortcuts but they are too clumsy for editing.

I solved my problem by using a US keyboard. I go to the US every year and get myself a new one to be safe in case?

Maybe this is your problem? A norwegian physical keyboard?

Och, mitt namn ger trevliga samtal när jag är i Norge!

Hej!

Return to posts index

Thomas Engstrom
on Apr 8, 2014 at 4:31:10 am

Hei Norrman,
Jag är svensk också. Living in Los Angeles.
I have the same problem while using a non-american keyboard in FCP X.

So without messing around with customizing the keyboard I'm using a U.S keyboard while working in FCP.
I think that (for now) is the best solution.
But would be happy if anyone knows more how to use a scandinavian keyboard for working in FCP. The colorful "skin" would be great.
http://www.digistor.com.au/Portals/4/Ingen.Blog/Windows-Live-WriterLets-loo...

I guess if you set up commands in FCP by your own - the shortcuts you will find while browsing around in FCP will not correspond to your own set up.

You have to remember by hart your own commands, I guess. . .
Let me know if I am wrong.

Ha det bra,
Thomas

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:47:27 pm
Last Edited By Jari Innanen on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:48:20 pm

You can easily customize the shortcuts for your keyboard or use, as I do, a FCP X keyboard cover to get those shortcuts. For example "Play Range" is - (the key next to right Shift) on Swedish keyboard. You can check the shortcuts from a site that sells FCP X covers or keyboards, like KBCovers: http://kbcovers.com/final-cut-pro-x-keyboard/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]