FORUMS: list search recent posts

Many steps forward, and I'm happy

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Vann
Many steps forward, and I'm happy
on Dec 21, 2013 at 12:31:58 am

Playing with FCPX 10.1 since yesterday. Haven't used all the new features yet, but I can say it is many steps forward from 10.0.9. Let me count just a few of my favorite ways that I like thee:

The new library. Much better than the old way of separating projects, events, etc. I never understood the advantages of that.

Native .MTS support. I get a lot of DSLR footage, so this a good thing when clients messed up their AVCHD folders.

Improved performance. Who would say this is a step backward??

Hiding the browser and libraries. Yes! gives me more space on my 15' retina.

Separate audio channel fade handles. Duh!

Show used media. On long projects, this is a time saver!

Just the tip of the iceberg why I love thee, FCPX 10.1.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Many steps forward, and I'm happy
on Dec 21, 2013 at 1:27:14 am

I am satisfied but still no "Send To Motion" option. Perhaps that will be added soon. Still a very nice update and the best part, it is free!

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
Re: Many steps forward, and I'm happy
on Dec 21, 2013 at 4:08:00 am

Most of what Ty mentions is simply getting us back features from FCP7, and while they are appreciated, I can't help but feel it's time to move the ball forward of where the goal line was before we went backward with the first release of X.

Are we happy... of course. Could we be happier with new improvements? Of course.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]