FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.1-what did I just do?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
10.1-what did I just do?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:08:55 pm

Anybody have any idea what I did that suddenly made the horizontal scrolling bar in the timeline disappear? Never seen that before.

I was just using Cmd+ to zoom in and suddenly it disappeared. Restarting FCP (even the machine) hasn't brought it back.

Very slow editing having to go full screen, move the playhead, and then zoom back in to edit...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: 10.1-what did I just do?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:28:36 pm

Do you have a trackpad on that machine? Having one connected to my desktop seemed to make the scroll bars hide for me.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:38:03 pm

Actually, I did. I pulled the batteries and restarted the machine and they're back.

Well, that's a hell of a thing. FCP X 10.1, or possibly 10.9.1 OSX isn't compatible with an Apple branded Trackpad. Ouch, that's embarrassing...

Thanks James... you've saved me a few hours today

Mitch Ives

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Dec 20, 2013 at 8:46:14 pm

[Mitch Ives] "Actually, I did. I pulled the batteries and restarted the machine and they're back.

Well, that's a hell of a thing. FCP X 10.1, or possibly 10.9.1 OSX isn't compatible with an Apple branded Trackpad. Ouch, that's embarrassing...

Thanks James... you've saved me a few hours today"

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. If you're using a pointing device with touch scrolling, the OS switches to hiding scroll bars when you're not scrolling, iOS-style. You can tell it to just always show them regardless in the 'General' panel in System Preferences.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Dec 20, 2013 at 10:20:08 pm

[Chris Kenny] "This isn't a bug, it's a feature. If you're using a pointing device with touch scrolling, the OS switches to hiding scroll bars when you're not scrolling, iOS-style. You can tell it to just always show them regardless in the 'General' panel in System Preferences."

Ouch, had a Bill Gates flashback there.

Seriously, thanks for the explanation. I think I'll put the trackpad back on and use it to do the scrolling and the mouse to do the other things...

Mitch Ives

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]