FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Scopes back working in FCPX 10.1 with Scopelink...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olof ekbergh
Multi Scopes back working in FCPX 10.1 with Scopelink...
on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:58:37 pm
Last Edited By olof ekbergh on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:00:58 pm

The update was posted by Colin last night I think this AM when I launched Scopebox it auto updated and now it works perfectly.

It is nice to have multi scopes in FCPX. See screen shot.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Multi Scopes back working in FCPX 10.1 with Scopelink...
on Dec 20, 2013 at 5:19:40 pm

What is the performance like with this plugin? Do the scopes lag much on updating?

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:00:25 pm

Scopebox is a lot more than just a plugin. It is a recorder and a set of very flexible scopes as well as a preview monitor.

Used like I do in my screen shot there is no lag at all and it does not seem to effect FCPX playback speed at all. At least with my MBP, as maxed as you can order them. Slower GPU drive CPU combos may not perform as eel, I don't know.

On my big edit suite I run external scopes along with a Pro eval Monitor.

I often use it as an external set of scopes to set up green screen etc, using a BM SDI to TB Decklink or my MX02 on my MBP.

I think there is a free trial version to test before you buy.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Colin McFadden
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:01:45 pm

We (ScopeBox) get frames at the same latency that a hardware output device (like a blackmagic card) would, so you're looking at about 1 frame at worst.

Because we get the uncompressed frame from FCPX, there's relatively little additional overhead to running ScopeBox with ScopeLink (since we're not having to decompress frames and such).

We've got a free two week trial at http://www.divergentmedia.com/scopebox if you want to try it yourself, or shoot me an email if you have questions.

-Colin
divergent media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]