FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open letter to Apple

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
W. Ross Wells
Open letter to Apple
on Jun 26, 2011 at 5:17:11 pm

Hello Apple Team

When Apple was an underdog it had staunch support from professional users. We have been there all along and our unquestioning support of iPhones, iPads and and even a willingness to put up with AT&T's shortcomings stem from that long relationship and trust.

Many professional video editors have put their livlihood in Apple's hands... many of us have been around long enough to have driven every major NLE. I personally was a die-hard Avid man for over a decade. When FCP reached a level that I felt appropriate for pro work, I put myself and my facility behind Apple pro products 100%.

FCP has lacked some of the finer tools that AVID systems offer... but the economies of scale were so huge... I didn't mind putting in some "sweat equity". Like many editors, I have waited with baited breath for the promised features of FCP X... heck, I have waited for a long time for some simple keystroke and operational improvements that would make FCP easier and more efficient to use in the high pressure world of commercial post.

When I opened FCP X for the first time, I saw many things that I really like. The deeper I went into the program, the more my heart sank. There is no pro there. The features I need to make a living on an editing platform are not present. So many cool advancements yet so many incredible backwards steps.

I love my Apple. I love Apple innovation, packaging, design. I love that Apple made professional tools to rival $15,000, even $60,000 counterparts for a fraction of the price.. 

For all our support, for all of our revenue, for all our loyalty.... don't you owe us some simple explanations? Tell us what to really expect. Let us know if you will have a product that we can make a living with or if we have to go elsewhere. Apple stands for wonderful products. Apple should stand for integrity, and doing the right thing.

It's time to do the right thing. Tell us what is going on. Help us out, we have always been there for you.

W. Ross Wells
Director and Editor and Apple Devotee
Zenfilm

Return to posts index

derek woods
Re: Open letter to Apple
on Jun 26, 2011 at 6:00:13 pm

[W. Ross Wells] "It's time to do the right thing. Tell us what is going on. Help us out, we have always been there for you."

Amen brother- dead right

http://www.DWIProductions.com

Return to posts index

Nayeli Garci-Crespo
on Jun 26, 2011 at 6:07:37 pm

Right on and nicely expressed. All we want is information!

-Nayeli

Return to posts index

Monica F.P.Williams
on Jun 26, 2011 at 6:39:46 pm

Ditto

Monica F.P.williams
crocodile editing
web: http://www.crocodileediting.com

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Jun 26, 2011 at 9:24:20 pm

Yes. They owe us that much.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Jan Maitland
on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:20:44 am

To quote a famous animated character: you're saying what I'm thinking!

The trials, the tribulations, the rewards and, ultimately, the perceived debt of what is owed to those that invested time, energy and money.

Your post hits the nail, or at least my nail, right on the head.

Thanks for that.

Return to posts index

W. Ross Wells
on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:08:04 am

Thank you for the positive feedback.

I become more concerned with each day we go without a response or updated info from Apple. "No longer supported" is not someplace I want to live.

Best,

Ross

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]