FORUMS: list search recent posts

So what now of the next Mac Pro - or is it the Mac Pro X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher McDonell
So what now of the next Mac Pro - or is it the Mac Pro X?
on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:42:26 pm

Seems there are many who think the $299 price tag on FCP X is intended to help sell hardware... so when can I get my hands on a newly designed, jawdropping, thunderbolt-enhanced Mac Pro??

Funny enough, the slow render times on my current PowerMac has afforded me plenty of time to read the forums here, including all the wild banter over FCP X. With background rendering and faster editing, I fear I may never again be able to indulge this passion with so much latitude!

Chris

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: So what now of the next Mac Pro - or is it the Mac Pro X?
on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:49:45 pm

What are you able to discuss anyway? FCP 5.x? Assuming you really are running a PowerMac. :)

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:58:15 pm

huh? I'm running 6.0.6 which is doing the job just fine, except when compositing... but now I've finally got some money put aside for a new tower. Only I don't want to be one of those suckers who buys one a week before the new model comes out that will "change everything!".

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:40:04 pm

Fcp X will scream on any current intel machine.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:21:08 pm

I'd bet that there will be a Thunderbolt MacPro coming in the next revision. I haven't even seen a smell of a rumor as to when but my hunch it won't be much later than WWDC. I'd be surprised if it didn't happen by July.

If you're really on a PowerMac you may even find the current MacMini screams compared to it.

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
on Apr 14, 2011 at 8:56:39 pm

I'm sure everything "screams" compared to what I'm working on. And yes, I'm on a PowerPC and you're now the second person to challenge this admission like it's some kind of plea for attention or dirty little secret...

As for July, I hope you're right. Makes sense to me to showcase Lion and FCP X on a spankin' new Mac Pro w Thunderbolt. But if it's not going to be till 2012, I might just have bite the bullet and buy one of those second-rate puppies that are out now. Of course I jest... :)))

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]