FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1 locks up...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olof ekbergh
FCPX 10.1 locks up...
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:06:13 pm

I am on the phone listening to music from apple right now for the past 10 minutes.

I can open 10.1 and scrub including audio, in any window. But when I play back it just locks up and I have to force quit.

Anyone else have this?

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Very frustrating...

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: FCPX 10.1 locks up...
on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:12:33 pm

Problem solved, it was as I suspected a plugin problem in my case ScopeLink.

Both the apple tech and I could not find it, and it is strange a new user solved the problem but the plugin is not in the user level library.

It is in the main
/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/FCP-DAL
and in the
/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL
folders

I removed it ad now everything is OK.

The plugin will be fixed soon, I talked with DivergentMedia tech just now.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Dec 19, 2013 at 5:16:26 pm

[olof ekbergh] "Problem solved, it was as I suspected a plugin problem "

These plugins eh!

Well done for actually finding which one it was - I've just discovered that Coremelt Slice X is not working properly. I would suspect that many stuttery problems might well be caused by plugins and the trick is identifying which one.

The other day Apple support recommended trashing and re-downloading FXFactory as they had come across Mavericks related issues with it.

I'm slightly underwhelmed by 10.1 even though I know its a substantial update - the proof will be revealed through working with it over the next few months, forgetting many workarounds and learning some new ones.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 19, 2013 at 5:41:36 pm

Scopelink needs to be $10. I think they'd sell a copy to nearly every user of X like event manager X. It's not something you need, but at the right price (like event manager) nearly everyone would buy it. At $10 I'm there just for the multi-scope convenience. At $99? Not a chance. I don't NEED the multiscopes as I can get to them one at a time. Right now I'm guessing they only sell to 1/1000th of the users out there. If that. Make it a $10 app and I think they'd increase more than ten fold.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:10:52 pm

Brett I agree on the pricing.

I have used the app now for more than 8 years I think. I would have to check back to know exactly.

Back then it was fantastic you could use it as scopes for your NLE when none of them really had them. And as a studio set of scopes just by fire wire out from a camera. Scopebox has always also been able to record, this is not very important now.

I think I payed 3-400 bucks for it originally v1 and i think I only paid for one update, the last batch of updates has been free.

Maybe they could market a "light" version just for scopes internally. Now it really is a replacement for external scopes. That is somewhat dated by modern dvl monitors with scopes built in.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Colin McFadden
on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:20:35 pm

Hi folks - Just wanted to jump in here. First off, we've got a fix against 10.1 pending. It should be out later today, but if anyone wants it right now, shoot an email to support@divergentmedia.com.

Regarding doing a "ScopeBox Lite" or similar for ScopeLink, it's definitely something we've considered. As a small company, it's risky to make a move downmarket (you can't really walk that back) so we're very cautious in that regard. Obviously Apple has put a lot of pricing pressure on the pro video market with their aggressive pricing. For now, we're comfortable saying that the feature set we deliver is worth the $99, but we're always interested in ways of putting our applications in more hands.

-Colin
divergent media, inc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]