FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thursday Livestream Show on FCP-X 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Thursday Livestream Show on FCP-X 10.1
on Dec 18, 2013 at 10:45:15 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Dec 18, 2013 at 10:48:43 pm

Like everyone else, I'm PRESUMING that tomorrows announced "order opening" for the new MacPros ALSO will herald the debut of FCP-X 10.1

And I'm delighted to announce that if 10.1 is in fact released tomorrow, I'll have a show tomorrow night (12/17/2013) on Livestream featuring special guest Phil Hodgetts - who as a Certified Apple Developer of the hugely popular FCP-X Xto7 and 7toX Apps may well have some dependable insight into the thinking that has gone into the new version of FCP-X.

The Webcast starts at 8pm local (US Mountain) time - (10pm Eastern, 7pm West Coast) and as always, we'll have the livestream chat running, so it's a chance for the audience to get at least some questions answered by Phil during the show.

Just go to LiveStream and search AZFCPUG.

The webcast runs globally live - warts and all. After the live show, It typically takes me a day or two to get it up on the archive - but after that it will be available to watch after the fact.

Hope this helps the X community learn about the new features of the program.

BTW< if Apple does NOT release 10.1 tomorrow, I'll just re-schedule the show for the day they do.

I'll post a follow up notice either way.

This should be fun!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Thursday Livestream Show on FCP-X 10.1
on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:06:53 pm

[Bill Davis] "And I'm delighted to announce that if 10.1 is in fact released tomorrow, I'll have a show tomorrow night "

Nice try Bill, but you can't call "first!" until the software is released. ;-) Though a some folks have been trying...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:35:39 pm

Dude, did you even SEE the number of weasel words and disclaimers I had to write in that post???

I have no CLUE whether or not tomorrows "the day" - but I had emailed Phil about booking him for Monday - then not an hour later he contacted me noting that his Thursday commitments had changed and that he was open for the show if I wanted to book it.

So what would YOU have done?

As it is I have to scramble to set up the studio and get the webcast tech in place..

One day notice live to the world is a little scary - but at least I've now had enough practice so that I'm thrown too badly when I mess up "live" these days!

On with the show!

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:37:23 pm

[Bill Davis] "Dude, did you even SEE the number of weasel words and disclaimers I had to write in that post???"

Just teasing' ya Bill. :-D

Sounds like an interesting show. Hopefully Apple will come through!

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:17:02 am

[Bill Davis] "One day notice live to the world is a little scary - but at least I've now had enough practice so that I'm thrown too badly when I mess up "live" these days!"

Don't sweat the small stuff. As we've discussed over these many years, content is still king...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 19, 2013 at 12:26:18 am

[Bill Davis] "And I'm delighted to announce that if 10.1 is in fact released tomorrow, I'll have a show tomorrow night (12/17/2013) on Livestream"

So on tomorrow's show I can find out about the release that isn't released that you will live stream yesterday.

I had no idea Apple was releasing the Tardis.

Return to posts index

Gary Slickman
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:22:01 am

[Craig Seeman] "So on tomorrow's show I can find out about the release that isn't released that you will live stream yesterday.
"

Great point and I also think its time to let go of the "Apple only makes announcements on Tuesday" concept and accept that Thursday is the release date...Yesterday's gone ;-

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:54:36 am

Until today (should 10.1 be released tomorrow) we were 4 for 4 FCPX feature releases on Tuesdays. That's not prognostication, that's a trend!

If I had to lay money on which day of the week the next feature release would come, I'd still bet Tuesday.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:58:32 am

[Craig Seeman] "So on tomorrow's show I can find out about the release that isn't released that you will live stream yesterday.

I had no idea Apple was releasing the Tardis."

Can I blame this on the international date line???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]