FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro schmack pro - I want my 10.1!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Bachelder
Mac Pro schmack pro - I want my 10.1!
on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:47:55 pm

A great update to FCPX is all I'm asking for this Christmas! C'mon Santa, move yer ass!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Mac Pro schmack pro - I want my 10.1!
on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:32:13 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "A great update to FCPX is all I'm asking for this Christmas! C'mon Santa, move yer ass!"

But Lance, the last I remembered you were loving PPro CC. Has the bloom come off that rose?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:00:45 pm

No I still like CC but it does have its issues and frustrations, especially with audio and 5.1. I'm just hoping Apple "fixes" FCPX as I like many f its features but not the timeline. If FCPX gets better than a Mac Pro would be in my near future, if not then I'll continue my dual platform CC workflow.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:40:41 pm

I'm expecting a significant Motion update to whatever FCPX is going to have.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:51:41 pm

All I'm after is greater stability and more tagging and export functions in the Event Browser.

But stability is the main thing, the kind of stability that mean that preference manager is a thing of the past, that means merging events is not a lottery and that
I don't have shut and reopen the application to keep core tools working.

Anything else would just be a bonus and welcomed as long as they have left the basic functionality as it is. Oh, and round tripping to Motion would be useful.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:04:11 pm

Roundtripping to Motion and even Logic would be great. I'd like to see just Project or Events - not both - just gets crazy and confusing. I still dream of tracks and a useable source window. Also the ability to completely customize the interface across multiple monitors - I use 3 - like all other NLE's would be nice.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:19:31 pm

I would like:

Roundtripping to Motion

Decompose for Archive option in Media Management.

Multiclip collapse or else fix matchframe so you can match to the frame inside the multiclip angle editor or continue hitting matchframe to dive back to clip iterations. In other words hitting matchframe once brings up the multiclip (or compound) in the browser. Hitting it a second time brings up individual source.

Color Correction viewer window that allows shows previous clip, current clip, next clip or allows other inputs to those windows.

Those are some of the big ones.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Dec 18, 2013 at 8:15:46 pm

I want a nice big red button that is labeled, "Edit for me."

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Dec 18, 2013 at 9:28:39 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Roundtripping to Motion and even Logic would be great. I'd like to see just Project or Events - not both - just gets crazy and confusing. I still dream of tracks and a useable source window. Also the ability to completely customize the interface across multiple monitors - I use 3 - like all other NLE's would be nice."

I agree with everything above and want the color wheel back. Also, add individual slider controls. The color box is a bit clumsy in my opinion. When one puck sits atop another things do get a bit confusing.

Finally, would like to see Shake come back but that is not likely.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Dec 18, 2013 at 8:24:30 pm
Last Edited By Mitch Ives on Dec 18, 2013 at 8:26:02 pm

[Andy Neil] "I'm expecting a significant Motion update to whatever FCPX is going to have."

I sure hope you're right... round-tripping to Motion is sorely missed...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]