FORUMS: list search recent posts

A view from a one horse show

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Burgess
A view from a one horse show
on Jun 26, 2011 at 3:15:56 pm

I am a one horse show that shoots and edits my own work but even I feel very let down by Apple.
Having played with FCPX I do think it has some great editing features and once I get my head around certain things I think I will be able to work faster BUT I cannot do a lot of tasks that even I as a one man band was doing with FCP. My AJA hardware, colour monitor and yes even multicam are not there and so in it present form FCPX is a box with very firm sides to it that has no natural path out of it for me to grow with.

All that would be OK if they had released it alongside a continued support for FCP7 and pro users. The new baby could have been there hopefully growing until it could take over and in that event Apple would have shown a clear understanding and support for the Pro market. Their failure not only to do this but also to spell out the future because of some silly paranoid view coming from their arrogance has changed my view of Apple forever. Its like a double whammy and is unforgivable.

In not, it seems, charging VAT to European customers and providing a VAT invoice they are breaching European law. Even an end consumer in Europe has the right to demand an invoice that shows the VAT charged. You cannot charge VAT and refuse such a request without breaching the law. As has already been pointed out this is not business like and is a clear demonstration of their target market.

I am a Pro in as much as I make money out of the work I do but I do not regard myself as a real pro but in cutting off the growth path upwards for me ... putting me in a box. So Apple may have cut off not just their pro market but those on the path to that pro market. I have purchased two top end Mac Pro towers and two top end Mac Books over the last few years and only because of the video work. There is now a shadow over any possible future Apple hardware purchases - even consumer products and that is because I very much dislike the companies modus operandi. The shine has gone off the apple for me .... for good.

The anger out there in the market place is because they are sending out two contradictory messages. They claim they support the pro market whilst their actions have just cut off all support for that very market - that is the root of the anger.

Paul

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: A view from a one horse show
on Jun 26, 2011 at 3:30:20 pm

[Paul Burgess] "The anger out there in the market place is because they are sending out two contradictory messages. They claim they support the pro market whilst their actions have just cut off all support for that very market - that is the root of the anger.
"

that's it really, isn't it?

http://bit.ly/jIUH2N

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: A view from a one horse show
on Jun 26, 2011 at 4:44:43 pm

[Paul Burgess] "BUT I cannot do a lot of tasks that even I as a one man band was doing with FCP."

I think it'll all be added. I find it MUCH FASTER to work with than FCP7. It's certainly missing a lot but it holds more promise than other NLEs at the moment. I like the trackless storyline, connected clips, the ability to turn connected clips into shorelines.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]