FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flanders Black Friday

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Koby
Flanders Black Friday
on Nov 20, 2013 at 7:23:21 pm

Thought I'd share this since it is such a great deal.

Flanders Scientific is running a great black friday deal. See here.

About half off the CM250 and a great deal on the CM171 too.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Flanders Black Friday
on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:02:24 pm

Have you seen the OLED in person?

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:23:15 pm

I did not but a guy who works for me saw it over at CCW and gave it the thumbs up.

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Nov 21, 2013 at 2:43:10 pm

[Keith Koby] "I did not but a guy who works for me saw it over at CCW and gave it the thumbs up."

Keith, did your employee get any sense that new models would be released next year that supported SDI-6G and higher pixel-for-pixel resolutions such as 2K or 4K (UHD)? I understand the monitor will take a 2K input but you lose the precise 1:1 view of the video that HD video has.

For HD, the CM171 seems very attractive, but nice to have a crystal ball for 2014. Thanks.

Rick

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on Nov 21, 2013 at 5:02:52 pm

No Rick I don't think he got details like that. The panel is 1920x1080 raster, so you're right that they downsample the 2k to HD. But that is where the panel's 12 bit processing would be helpful.

It would be great to see that pricing on the 171 stay there instead of going back to regular. At that pricing the panasonic 17s look like a bad joke.

Keith Koby
Sr. Director Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND
Howard TV!/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View/iNDEMAND 3D

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:31:22 pm

[Keith Koby] "It would be great to see that pricing on the 171 stay there instead of going back to regular. At that pricing the panasonic 17s look like a bad joke."

Thanks, Keith. Would be sweet if they kept that price on the CM171 when they introduce a CM1741 for support of 6G-SDI and native 2K. Trying to research what equipment best suits the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K (UHD) with 6G-SDI to deliver video in 2K. Maybe the BMPC4K will be available off the shelf in time for the Black Friday sales in 2014!

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]