FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remember what Apple Told Pros 15 months ago?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bankston
Remember what Apple Told Pros 15 months ago?
on Jun 25, 2011 at 10:19:16 pm

-----cut
According to a report from AppleInsider, the goal of the new Final Cut Pro is to make it "more appealing and useful to the needs of prosumers".
Currently, Final Cut Pro is targeted at advanced professionals with a scaled down, less expensive Final Cut Express version sold to users who don't need all of its high end features. Because Apple now primarily sells the Express version, the company wants to rethink Final Cut Studio and scale its overall development to better fit the majority of its customers.
Steve Jobs was recently questioned about the fate of Final Cut Pro. MacSoda sent an email to Jobs asking about layoffs and the future of the application. Jobs replied:
We certainly do [care about Pro apps]. Folks who left were in support, not engineering. Next release will be awesome.
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/18/apple-refocusing-final-cut-pro-jobs-say...

"5 months ago
Apple has reportedly reorganized the Final Cut Pro team under the lead of Randy Ubillos, the developer who completely redesigned iMovie in 2008. I've got a bad feeling about this."
------cut

So I say its a darn shame Apple decided to drop pros, but its more disappointing about them not coming clean about it so we "pros" could choose what we wanted to do months ago.

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
Re: Remember what Apple Told Pros 15 months ago?
on Jun 26, 2011 at 12:55:56 am

But in a way, didn't they actually come clean 15 months ago? Steve saying it was "awesome" didn't really address the concerns of the first part of your post. It was more of a platitude.

I think alot of us were in denial, and didn't want to give up the ghost until we knew for sure. I guess that comes at a different point for each person. For most of us, though, it probably happened on Tuesday.

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]