FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative Cow is my Therapist

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kienitz
Creative Cow is my Therapist
on Jun 25, 2011 at 10:15:42 pm

This tumultuous week has resulted in my visiting Creative Cow often and some of the posts have been therapeutic and of course some moronic but I've appreciated the humor, intelligence and wit.

When I'm not reading the musings and rants I work at learning FCP X and creating back-ups of FCP 7.
My first FCP X piece created on a 12 core with 32 gigs of ram was greeted with a "dropped frame" message when I tried to create a lower third. Upon completion of the piece and rendering to 422HQ the audio was
half the level of when I was editing it.

Thanks dear Cow Colleagues your ranting and raving and informed opinions are just what the doctor ordered. Apple's silence in all of this is deafening but I've greatly appreciated this place as somewhere I can go when it all seems so sad and as I read the posts realize this too will someday fade to black but I'm enjoying the heat and light from this site until that happens.

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
Re: Creative Cow is my Therapist
on Jun 26, 2011 at 1:57:21 am

[Michael Kienitz] "humor, intelligence and wit."

I wish there was more of that. It's been a few dark days here at the Cow. This certainly has brought out the classless neophytes, lacking much of the above...

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 26, 2011 at 10:58:42 am

Primal Scream Therapy? :-)

Please head on over to our FCPX Techniques forum. The conversation is much gentler, and people are actually talking about USING the thing, instead of the politics of the release.

You'll find it linked in the orange nav bar, above.

Best,
Tim
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Michael Kienitz
on Jun 26, 2011 at 12:28:36 pm

I've wandered over there and already benefited from it but I seriously enjoy the passionate discussions here. I was a war photographer for 10 years so that prepared me for just about anything that life tosses my way. Aside from the FCP fiasco some developers are trying to develop land over our local wellhead without proper soil remediation from previous unsavory environmental practices and my dear neurosurgeon wife has been working 24/7 for days. Relief is in sight however because Tuesday I'll be in Chicago for the Cubs Giants game. I won't go into what my Norwegian forest cats have done except to say I wish they would do it on Randy Ubillos's desk.

BTW the two forums are the perfect compliment for schizophrenia.

http://www.michaelkienitz.com
5108 Tomahawk Trail
Madison, WI

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 26, 2011 at 3:37:15 pm

[Michael Kienitz] "BTW the two forums are the perfect compliment for schizophrenia."

Honestly, I wouldn't want to do without either forum. The occasional personal attacks pain me, but the conversation is otherwise invaluable. We understand that these are high stakes issues, and tempers can flare. (Although we'll step in if we see something getting out of control, and invite you to let us know if you see something we miss.)

Frankly, very few people outside these walls are trustworthy enough that I really care about their opinions. Here, I know that most of you work for a living with this stuff, rather than just talking about working for a living.

As someone who has both worked and taught, I most definitely put training in the "talking about work" category, unless that trainer...like the ones based in the COW....are also deriving most, if not virtually all, of their living from "real" work. Arrogant yes, but I could not possibly care less what a trainer or columnist has to say. I just don't trust them. YOU folks, I'm listening to.

That's always been the beauty of the COW. While there are leaders here that are respected as the best the entire industry has to offer, those leaders are well aware that the community itself is the authority. A little guidance is a good thing, but a thousand voices of experience is a great thing.

I just want to keep emphasizing to people who find too much negativity and noise for their taste in this particular forum, that we have a relatively positive, signal-y forum right next door.

It's a BIG world after all. :-)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 26, 2011 at 2:57:05 pm

[Tim Wilson] "people are actually talking about USING the thing, instead of the politics of the release."

Nicely stated Tim. Of course, you're never at a loss when it comes to choice words.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 26, 2011 at 3:38:53 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "you're never at a loss when it comes to choice words."

Well, not at a loss for WORDS anyway. Many of my choicest words are ones I'd never post. :-)

Return to posts index

Eddie McFly
on Jul 19, 2011 at 5:54:52 am

regarding your audio issue, any chance you exported stereo after doing some surround panning?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]