FORUMS: list search recent posts

App Nap seems to be stopping FCPX transcoding and exporting...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Kleczewski
App Nap seems to be stopping FCPX transcoding and exporting...
on Oct 25, 2013 at 5:26:57 pm

I'm still in the middle of testing the theory, but it seems like App Nap is stoping FCPX from Transcoding or Exporting at certain intervals. I'm transcoding and exporting a ton of stuff to keep it busy for hours and I have some very defined time stamps that show breaks that seem to reflect that possibility. Activity Monitor also seems to show throwing FCPX into App Nap when its got work to do, plainly going from "No" to "Yes" when its not in foreground but still transcoding. I'm now transcoding the same stuff with App Nap blocked in Get Info to see if I get a different result.

Im assuming a new version of FCPX would be able to communicate with App Nap and say "hey I'm exporting over here, leave me alone" or something to that effect... I guess theres no harm in forcing it off on a non laptop just in case.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: App Nap seems to be stopping FCPX transcoding and exporting...
on Oct 25, 2013 at 6:00:58 pm

Yes App Nap stops FCPX from transcoding after a certain time.

Go to your Applications folder, R-click on the FCPCX inch and select Show Info. Top of the Info window you will find a checkbox that allows you to deactivate App Nap for FCPX. When you have done this FCPC will never go to sleep anymore unless you want it.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:41:13 pm

Nice catch guys...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Oct 26, 2013 at 5:05:14 am

How about editor nap?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]